The path to 450rwhp...or at least mine.

We can get back on track if you reply to my question :p

Timing and fuel.....:D What are we hiding? :cool:

Not hiding anything. Most of the time I didn't have any tuning tricks. I actually got my SCT license after hitting 427rwhp and the main thing that took the car to 440+ was the alcohol injection. I haven't had a car that runs in years.

Ira, when Dave did the first part of my motor build almost 2 years ago the Snow kit only gained 21 peak hp and 13 peak lb-ft. However, at 5,000 rpm the Snow kit gained 40 hp and 40 lb-ft. At that point the engine had around 310 hp, so on a more powerful engine you might even find a bit more.

I miss my SC...it stares at me, hood agape, from inside the garage and hasn't moved since early December.

Really :eek: +40 hp just from the snow kit?? :confused:

Ira

I'm still assuming he added more timing, boost didn't change.

Snow performance said:
4. What power gains can I expect?
Boost Coolers® allow for more power in two ways on a gasoline application.
• Extra octane. This allows for much more aggressive tuning safely to make more power. Timing can often be advanced 10 or more degrees in the power band. Boost can often be increased 5 or more PSI. Air/fuel ratios of around 12.5:1 can be utilized even in high boost applications.
• Better cooling of the intake air charge. We often cool intake air temperatures 50-150 degrees. This means denser air charge for more efficient power.

If these methods are used, a 20% increase in HP is possible. In naturally aspirated applications, gains of 5-10% are possible.

Also what fluid was uses has alot to do with it I bet. Straigt up meth would add some good octane. I assume also that by DD posts that it was still 93octane and the only octane was from the Snow pump injecting it.

Back