Snow Performance Alcohol injection kits available - Updated 07/13/06

XR7 Dave

SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc. is proud to offer you the MAF referenced Snow Performance alcohol injection kits tailored specifically for the SC.

Preliminary testing has shown that the system will drop air charge temps as much as 30 deg and can offer up to a 40rwhp gain depending on how badly you need it. I have run this system on the street with my car at 19psi and I can tell you that it is absolutely seamless in its performance. To learn a little more about the kit, check out this article in MM&FF.

Snow Performance in MM&FF

The big difference between this kit and the one made for the SC is that ours uses an MAF controller instead of a boost controller and incorporates a flow control solenoid so that liquid cannot siphen off during vacuum operation.

As you can see from the article alcohol injection system is even more effective than race fuel and much cheaper although it can be used with race fuel as well.

So what makes this system any better than any other system out there? Certainly Alcohol injection is not a new concept.

Here is the secret! Because the M90 generates full boost as low as 2500rpm, any boost referenced system would command full flow at that rpm. This would flood the motor. Then, if you reduce flow such that it doesn't flood out the motor, then at high rpm you would not have enough flow to do the job.

By referencing MAF voltage, rpm and boost are not taken into account when determining start point or flow rate. Instead, MAF voltage (which is simply airflow) is used to start and regulate the flow of alcohol. How smart is that? This is yet another area where SC's have benefitted from the shirt tails of the Mustang world. It was not until the O3 Cobra came out that the need for this type of system was recognized.

Retail on the system is $439+ $15 = $454 total with shipping and handling (this includes the flow control solenoid). SCCOA price is $420 shipping included.

We have worked with Snow Performance to customize the kit for the SC specifically.

What you get:

A Stage II MAF kit

Minus:

-Tank (can't use it anyhow)

Plus:

-Extra line (basic kit doesn't have enough line in it)
-Bulkhead connector to use with OE washer tank.
-Flow control solenoid with fittings
-Choice of nozzles - 375ml (for stock applications up to 38lb injectors) or 625ml (for high performance applications with 300rwhp and above)

But wait, there's more... :D

If you contact me about the installation I'll provide you with complete installation instructions, tech support AND extra wire, connectors, taps, loom, fuse holder and even a relay if you need one at no extra charge.

Please feel free to post with any questions you may have.

Last edited:
Is this any different then the one in my Jegs catalog for $379.99?
Details below

860-20011
Gas Boost Cooler Stage-2 with Mass-Air-Flow
Applications: All Gasoline Engines wtih 8-30 PSI of Boost
Includes:
140 PSI High Volume Pump
MAF Variable Controller
2-qt. Reservoir
Check Valve
3 Nozzles (175/375/625 ml/min.)
All electrical parts, fittings and hardware

Dave,

Now that I'm in on this buy...I'd like to know what all is included in the kit. Do you have a link that shows everything that comes with it ?

David

Yes this kit is different. The check valve on the Jegs kit will not stop siphoning under vacuum which means it won't work on our cars. This kit includes a solenoid which positively stops all flow when not spraying. Other than that it is the same.

You get:

- 2 qt reservoir with mounting tabs and screws.
- Quick disconnect fittings and about 6' of hose.
- Fitting to tap existing WW tank if desired.
- 140psi pump, mounting screws included.
- Positive stop flow solenoid.
- Nozzle holder
- 2 nozzles, 375/625 ml/min
- 1/8" NPT tap for nozzle
- MAF controller
- Wires and harness
- LED light
- instructions

As soon as I download the pics of my installation I'll post them. (Tomorrow).

{edit} Just so everyone knows I talked to Snow today and you will only be getting 2 nozzles instead of three. The info on the Jegs add is incorrect. For under 350rwhp applications you will get the two smaller nozzles and for 350+rwhp applications you will get the two larger ones. Honestly, you are only going to use the one middle one for 90% of all applications anyway (that's what I'm using).

Last edited:
DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
They reccomend the solenoid upgrade if running nozzle after throttle body pr below the resevoir
Correct, the solenoid is a $40 part which is absolutely necessary in our application. I already tried it with the one-way valve included in the other kit and it siphoned the entire tank out in about 5 minutes of running. ;)

Couple Questions

1.) How long (how much use) before the reservoir runs out?

2.) In which situations would the injection be used? (such as running the 1/4 mile or all the time?) Is it an on/off thing like nitrous? I briefly read some info in the link you provided David so I think it is an off/on component.

3.) After install, does one need to have substantial tuning in order to make everything work together?

Use this to replace Premium Fuel

Dave
My thinking is that instead of paying a ripoff premium fuel price (here 91 is 11 c/litre more than 87, let alone 94.5 which is 15c/litre) I could use an injection system like this to add the "ocatane" (in this case alcohol or tolulene) only when it is really required under load and use 87 regular as my fuel.
This might be a whole new way to sell such systems, not just for the extreme adding power, but to allow 87 fuel etc
This is on my TO DO list, but kind of far down.
What do you think?
Pete Roy
Toronto

Snow was selling kits for $379 at WFC. I asked if they could "hook me up" with a kit for testing and they said $350. I don't think it came with a solenoid though, but maybe this info would be useful to you.

Micah

Micahdogg said:
Snow was selling kits for $379 at WFC. I asked if they could "hook me up" with a kit for testing and they said $350. I don't think it came with a solenoid though, but maybe this info would be useful to you.

Micah
I thought the WFC "show special" was $399, although it didn't come with the solenoid. Of course, the "testing" price would have saved you a little money.

I think the $425, shipped price is right in between the above examples and is still a good deal.

And yes, mine is on the way :) I might even order 2, so I can have a spare :D

YOu are right Kurt. I think the testing price was $379, not $350. I'm not trying to bag on Dave's pricing, but I thought he may want to know what they were going for at WFC. And I do know for a fact that it did not include the solenoid.

Micah

pablon2 said:

2.) In which situations would the injection be used? (such as running the 1/4 mile or all the time?) Is it an on/off thing like nitrous? I briefly read some info in the link you provided David so I think it is an off/on component.

3.) After install, does one need to have substantial tuning in order to make everything work together?
Dave, I'm also interested about the chip reburn. Since I'll be sending this one back for a reburn maybe I should buy one now and get the chip part out of the way.

Randy N Connie said:
can the system be turned on at 1.5 volts and shut off at any point.
Thanks
RANDY

The system does not have the built in ability to be shut off at any point above it's turn on point. So it can be turned on at 1.5v but it would have to be turned off manually.

Peterdroy66 said:
Dave
My thinking is that instead of paying a ripoff premium fuel price (here 91 is 11 c/litre more than 87, let alone 94.5 which is 15c/litre) I could use an injection system like this to add the "ocatane" (in this case alcohol or tolulene) only when it is really required under load and use 87 regular as my fuel.
This might be a whole new way to sell such systems, not just for the extreme adding power, but to allow 87 fuel etc
This is on my TO DO list, but kind of far down.
What do you think?
Pete Roy
Toronto

Certainly that is one possible use for the system.

pablon2 said:
Depending on how you use it, 2 qts should last 1-2 tanks of gas. It's all about how much you use boost though, as it does not activate at all under normal operation.
It activates automatically at whatever load setting you choose. The recommended would be about 5-7psi boost.
It doesn't require tuning to work but the full benefit will be realized with some tuning in most cases.

XR7 Dave said:
Depending on how you use it, 2 qts should last 1-2 tanks of gas. It's all about how much you use boost though, as it does not activate at all under normal operation. It activates automatically at whatever load setting you choose. The recommended would be about 5-7psi boost.It doesn't require tuning to work but the full benefit will be realized with some tuning in most cases.
Is that 5-7 boost with an M90 and an AR?

Back