Snow Performance Alcohol injection kits available - Updated 07/13/06

sizemoremk said:
Mr. Dalke, which head gaskets are you using on the engine you tested with this setup?

Thank ya sir!

I'm not sure what the relevance is here, my car did run, has run, and continues to run on the same headgaskets it has always had since I installed the heads 2-3 years ago. The risks associated with high boost are the same regardless of the gaskets you use and a composite type gasket is only going to last just so long at over 20psi.

:)

XR7 Dave said:
I'm not sure what the relevance is here, my car did run, has run, and continues to run on the same headgaskets it has always had since I installed the heads 2-3 years ago. The risks associated with high boost are the same regardless of the gaskets you use and a composite type gasket is only going to last just so long at over 20psi.

:)

I was just wanting to know if these were regular composite or MLS; I guess this was inappropriate for this thread... sorry :eek:

Reviving this thread to ask a question. When mixing the methanol with water at a 50/50 mix, is the mix by weight or volume??

GET IT Tuned!!!

Here is my .02 on the water meth systems...I have tuned several blown Vipers on our dyno with these kits. If you just bolt it in with no tuning all you are getting is low cost insurance. This is a good thing but ... if you want to really take advantage of the kit it must be tuned on a dyno with a wideband!

The Viper guys use a Roe Racing kit but they are all similar. In some cases hp goes down as the mixture will be rich ...what better way to lean it back out than with some timing? Don't try this at home. A Viper can gain 30 - 40 hp xtra with water meth if tuned properly. I've heard up to 70 more but have yet to see that much.

Summary, any forced induction car can benifit from a water meth system but it needs to be tuned to work properly.

I am in the process of trying to figure out if I can run stuff called Blue Thunder. It comes in a 1 Gallon jug and the mixture is 20% Nitromethane, 12% oil and 68% Methanol. Is this a nuts thing to try or what? Opinions please.:)

Very much true what Mike said. Nitromethane has a 1.7:1 AFR and alcohol/methanol is 6.7:1. This is part of the reason it is diluted with water or 50/50'ed.

I thought nitromethane didn't need no oxygen?

I know snow sells the stuff...

How much is that stuff in the gallon jug?

This would be any easy thing to test on the dyno!

I think it is around $40 a gallon. I would really like to see if this would work or just blow stuff up. Would the oil in it cause any problems with clogging or anything?

Last edited:
This may have been answered, but I could not find enough info to answer my question. For those that used a relay (David Dalke) to power their system how/where did they hook it up to? Does it hook to the green controller wire? Schematics I have seen only show a relay in the Stage I non MAF controlled setup.

Back