high idle problem Please HELP

Gears

I've read some of the posts here about high idle, but my 90 T-Bird v6 is not super charged so I'm not sure if they apply to me.

The car last week all of a sudden started to idle high(I'm guessing about 2000rpm since i don't have a tach).

I've looked all over for a vacumn leak and I haven't found one, I'll keep looking into this this( any spots where vacumns hoses hide at guys?)

I am 99% sure it is not the accelarator etc. cables because I unhooked them and still high idle.

Where is the IAC and what does it look like andwould this apply to my car?

I have also unplugged the battery in the hopes that the car would relearn its idle, but to no avail.

It is not the screw that adjusts the idle manually since that is back all the way.

You guys have helped me before as tmnsheppard but I lost my password. I appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Gears

If your car is fuel injected, it has an IAC.

It will be on the main intake tube that is attached to the air cleaner housing. Follow that line back towards the engine. At some point you will find the throttle assembly where the cable from the throttle is hooked up.

Just beyond that is where the IAC would be. Alternatively, it could be on the intake plenum. I don't know what your engine config looks like.

You might try the TCCOA ( http://www.tccoa.com ) that is geared more towards the MN12 and is sure to have someone that knows exactly where it is with perhaps a picture.

re

I am piking up an IAC from the wreckers tomorrow, I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks
Gears

ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!!

Got an IAC for 5 bucks from the wreckers, installed it and the idle is now normal again.

Thanks again guys, this site is helpful to me.
Gears

Back