Clutch Interlock Switch

gspacerant

Hey, i have an '89 SC, 5-speed. The previous owner did a nice electrical tape override of this switch so the car can be started without the clutch in. I would really like to enable it again, mainly so i can use my cruise control. I tried searching a few times and didn't find anything very useful.

What i know is that the interlock switch is currently dangling above the pedals wrapped in electrical tape, i assume to press the switch in. I'm hoping to get this back installed and everything later today if it doesn't require anything special.

Could someone tell me how the pushrod from the clutch pedal is supposed to attach to there (if there is any special connector or anything i need) and where it is supposed to be mounted at. Thanks for the help :)

could anyone by chance show me a picture of how the interlock switch mounts up to wherever it mounts? and is there any special hardware that i need? Currently I have no idea where it is supposed to be or anything, but i would like to be able to use my cruise control if i so desire, right now it is hangin under the dash with a bolt electrical taped into the switch.

This should help a bit. If this helps you maybe you could join the club to help support the site. Only $15 a year......

Attachments

• SCclutchinterlock.JPG
    SCclutchinterlock.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Ahh, thanks, i think i have that plastic piece somewhere also.. And I am planning on becoming a member, probably soon after i get my next paycheck :)

Back