Alcohol Injection

XxSlowpokexX

I posted this a few years back but being people around here are once again wondering about it here it goes.

http://members.cox.net/stevemonroe/AlcoholInjMod.html

Its an good place to start. Even tells you what to do for a DIY kit. Its were I originally got some information from when I built my kit. Good place to start

Also

http://members.cox.net/stevemonroe/Alky Notes.htm

Kind of answers why a voltage switch is reccomended for high HP motors using alcohol injection. Also Bashes that Snow fellow a bit. Deservingly enough. Keep in mind these guys have all been doing this for years

Last edited:
Damon,

There is a bunch of good info on that website, but I guess you can call me lazy, because it looks so much easier and not much more expensive to just buy a Snow Performance system. It comes with everything you need instead of having to shop around at 5 places just to gather up all those components.

BTW, I'm getting one for my turbo car (from D Dalke) that has dual nozzels, anti siphon solenoid, boost activated variable pump controller, 220 psi pump and a 7 quart tank (trunk mounted).

David

I didnt spend more then $150 3 years ago for mine...Like everything its a matter of spending $400 for something someone puts in a box or XXX for something you put together yourself. If money is no object have someone do it for you. If youre on a budget...DO it yourself. Regardless its a good idea for people to know what its all about. There are companies out there that actually have state of the art methanol injection setups that cant be as easily duplicated. This one is generic however

I dont' see why you call it generic. It has a dual adjustable MAF voltage thingamadoodle that adjusts pump pressure. I don't know if its complex or not but if you'd like to post instructions on how to make such a device I'm game to try and make one. :)

For anyone else who is interested, I did a little adjusting to the lower end of the MAF function of the Snow unit today to bring on a little more alcohol a little sooner.

Ok, I'll give it to you that tonight is a cool night (about 60 deg). But HOLY FREAKING NUTSACK!

Overall this car is now the fastest thing I've ever driven and perhaps even ridden in. Ok so that doesn't mean chit, but this car is flat out fast. I'm sure it is well over 450rwhp today.

Ok back to the Snow kit. It is so easy to adjust it's silly and I come back to my original statement that it is absolutely seamless in its delivery. You just can't tell it has engaged - at all. Well, other than the car just flat out hauls bananas.

Personally I don't care if it's hocus pocus. I've never gotten this kind of performance gain for the dollar from anything else I've done to the car and that includes the AR that I'm so fond of.

If anyone wants to make their own kit, then by all means go ahead! But I can vouch that this kit works as advertised and that's about all there is I have to say about that.

:D

I like the idea of making my own kit I all ready have a pump and some of the other stuff now i have something more to add to the list of mods.

Dave
where are you sprying it in at?

Jason a good nozzle is most important..Aquamist makes a great one. I believe any pump at the 100psi range is fine as well. If you plan on running a strong mix of methonol you will definately need a pump that will be able to handle that

Id worry about direct spraying of the ACT sensor in my routing of the nozzle...Directly after the IC should work or after the ACT if you can fit it in thier. I actually put mine where the ECT sensor was and relocated the sensor.

Not only will just plain water cool your inlet temperature but when using the methanol mix the octane as well. I personally used window washer fluid and used my WW resevoir as the resevoir for my kit. You can find washer fluid at any gas station:O)

Yeah tune your car for window washer fluid haha

Back