how do i make my supercharger whine louder

David Neibert said:
Remove the air silencer...to make it even louder install a cold air intake that uses a metal intake tube.

David

why does the metal tube make it louder? Im having trouble also trying to find anywhere that sells CAI's for supercoupes... nothing on ebay

novaspyder said:
why does the metal tube make it louder? Im having trouble also trying to find anywhere that sells CAI's for supercoupes... nothing on ebay
Buy the Ford Focus short ram intake on ebay. Usually about $40. Mandrel bent polished aluminum.It also comes with a cone filter.You can see a pic of it on my member page.You may need to purchase additional silicone 3" couplings. I used to have just that tube with a cone filter attached to my MAFS. Now i have another elbow that puts the filter down in the fenderwell. You can hear the intake whining under light acceleration under no boost. If you really want noise, Close the SC sound ports and remove the hood liner. You'll have to search on those last 2 options cause everyone has an opinion and I don't want to hear it :rolleyes: You can decide for yourself what you want to do. The metal intake tube is a good start though. PM me if ya have any questions.

NMxr7SC said:
Buy the Ford Focus short ram intake on ebay. Usually about $40. Mandrel bent polished aluminum.It also comes with a cone filter.You can see a pic of it on my member page.You may need to purchase additional silicone 3" couplings. I used to have just that tube with a cone filter attached to my MAFS. Now i have another elbow that puts the filter down in the fenderwell. You can hear the intake whining under light acceleration under no boost. If you really want noise, Close the SC sound ports and remove the hood liner. You'll have to search on those last 2 options cause everyone has an opinion and I don't want to hear it :rolleyes: You can decide for yourself what you want to do. The metal intake tube is a good start though. PM me if ya have any questions.

i have a metal CAI from my v6 mustang... i wonder if i could use that...

how would closing he sound ports make it louder?

also would there be any negatives to removing the hood liner?

hood liner is basically like a heat shield. it helps to keep heat from directly coming in contact with the hood, keeping the hood from deforming or paint bubbling under constant heat situations. might not be a positive idea to remove. i plan to install a "real" hood scoop someday but maybe something like that will increase the noise level of the blower, i don't know for sure.

Like everyone mentioned the most effective way to wake up a blower whine is by removing the air silencer and installing a cold-air kit of some sort. Well, really you get pretty good whine out of anything that isn't the stock airbox. Right now I have the stock intake tube on my car with a 70mm TB and 73mm MAF and just have a cone filter on it and my blower is decently loud. Was even louder with the ZR CAI though.

DriftingThunder said:
Like everyone mentioned the most effective way to wake up a blower whine is by removing the air silencer and installing a cold-air kit of some sort. Well, really you get pretty good whine out of anything that isn't the stock airbox. Right now I have the stock intake tube on my car with a 70mm TB and 73mm MAF and just have a cone filter on it and my blower is decently loud. Was even louder with the ZR CAI though.

whered you get the maf and tb? im looking for a set

My hood liner has been gone a long time and my non clearcoat white paint is doing fine. Closing the sound ports will make it much louder. They are there to quiet the SC down. It makes it pretty obnoxious loud. It's louder than my Flowmaster exhaust. I had someone who can weld aluminum weld them shut.

If you remove your SC top (3.8 stamped on it), You will see a triangular outlet and 2 small slits, one on each side of the outlet. Those are the sound ports. I wouldn't recommend messing around with the Supercharger without experience though. It takes an experienced welder who can weld aluminum to be able to close them like that. That is the only reason mine are welded.

NMxr7SC said:
If you remove your SC top (3.8 stamped on it), You will see a triangular outlet and 2 small slits, one on each side of the outlet. Those are the sound ports. I wouldn't recommend messing around with the Supercharger without experience though. It takes an experienced welder who can weld aluminum to be able to close them like that. That is the only reason mine are welded.
Um,.....Jeremy.......I just used Liquid Nails on your soundports. :eek: My brother never exactly welded them. Funny thing is, I never thought they would last this long. :confused: :p :D Then I thought to myself, if closing to two small ones will make it loud, I bet you closing the big one in the middle will make it really loud!! Hey, I'm an innovator. Dalke shmalke. :rolleyes:

Not Exactly

novaspyder said:
why does the metal tube make it louder?
The metal intake tube does NOT make the blower whine louder. What it does is attenuate the existing blower whine LESS than the OEM plastic air tube.

68COUGAR

Darkside said:
Um,.....Jeremy.......I just used Liquid Nails on your soundports. :eek: My brother never exactly welded them. Funny thing is, I never thought they would last this long. :confused: :p :D Then I thought to myself, if closing to two small ones will make it loud, I bet you closing the big one in the middle will make it really loud!! Hey, I'm an innovator. Dalke shmalke. :rolleyes:
That's it, I want my money back. I could've easily done that myself with my dremel welding attachment! :eek:

Back