How long to change Strut Rod bushings?

89SCK@t

How long does it usually take to change the strut rod bushings? I was looking around an hour if I pull a lot of parts from the front end. Is this about normal?

I will have air tools and an alignment rack on hand for this problem.

Oh, if anyone needs some poly strut rod bushings, I can get them for 20% off. I work at Big 10 in Panama City.

Stephen

Not too bad

Hey Stephen.
I replaced the strut rod to control arm bushings last year and it wasn't too bad.
Probably around 1-2 hours if all of the bolts come loose.
The bolt that connects the strut to the lower control arm can freeze in the sleeve. I had to remove the strut from the body with the control arm still attached on the drivers side.
Once you get the wheel off mark the control arm cam washers position so you can reassemble it back to where it was at.
When the lower control arm is disconnected you can pull it back off of the strut rod.
Before you tighten any bolts that pass through rubber (or urethane) bushings you need to set the suspension to where it would be with the car on the ground. If you don't you can get a bushing wind-up situation that can effect steering, braking and handling.
Bill

89SCK@t said:
How long does it usually take to change the strut rod bushings? I was looking around an hour if I pull a lot of parts from the front end. Is this about normal?

I will have air tools and an alignment rack on hand for this problem.

Oh, if anyone needs some poly strut rod bushings, I can get them for 20% off. I work at Big 10 in Panama City.

Stephen
dont use the poly strut rod bushing use the rubber ones ,the poly oneds split moog ones are poly autozone or oem are rubber.

there are lots of posts about the moog ones splitting after a few months.

mine lasted about 3 months.

Back