Parts & manuals for a 1995 SC

Thundersteel

My SC was rearended a few weeks ago, and the insurance company declared it a total loss. It turns out the repairs cost more than the car is worth, even though I still drive it to work everyday!

Parts for sale:

I have the complete Ford Factory Service Manual set (Service Manual; Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnostics; and the Electrical/Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual). They are in excellent condition, and they come with the hard plastic binders. Better than Haynes/Chiltons! $125 shipped (they're heavy!)

Rear spoiler (electric red). I got it from Street Beat Customs and had it painted by my local body shop. 2-leg, with a 25.5" long LED strip on it (80 LEDs). It's only been on the car about a year. Great condition. $125 shipped.

Lighted Ford Logo--I got it from North Coast Performance. The wires have been cut to facilitate removal, but I can solder the wires back together and make it almost new again. Looks great on the trunklid! $15 shipped.

New black THUNDERBIRD SC decals for the rear bumper. When light hits them they reflect white. I got these from Bob White Decals, so you know they are a quality item. I had them custom made, as they didn't have them in stock. The envelope contains 2 sets--each set is a slightly different size. Use the one that fits your application (I think the 94-94 'birds had a different size than the earlier models). $20 shipped.

Owner's manual (I have 2). They come with the blue-zippered pouch.
They are both in outstanding condition. $10 shipped (each).

1995 T-bird sales brochure. Excellent condition. $10 shipped.

New solid rubber engine mounts (1 pair). I bought these from Super Coupe Performance, but I never installed them. They list them for $90, but I'll let the set go for $50 shipped.

Anyway, it will be going to the salvage yard on July 1. Insurance laws prohibit me from taking anything else out of the car.

If you're interested in other parts (engine, interior, etc), email me and I'll give you the details on where the car is going, etc.

Pictures of the car can be seen on the Member page, under 1995 SC.
Member name is Eric Griffin.

Email address: thundersteel@cox.net.

You should be able to do a buyback-that's how I bought my 95 auto SC for $500-asked the previous owner what the ins company said the salvage or buyback fee was, and gave him $100 over that.

SC status

The insurance company gave me a pretty good settlement, so once I get the check next week, they get the title. I was told it was going to be retitled as "parts only," and it would be illegal to drive it again on the public highways.

I really have no desire to buy it back, as I was in the market for a truck anyway. But for someone needing good parts, it would make an excellent vehicle. It only had 67k miles on it, and the engine/tranny/interior are all in excellent shape.

that sucks man how is the tranny assuming its 5spd, and how are the seats and are they leather, how many miles on the car? Thanks Dan

Your questions answered

x182dan said:
that sucks man how is the tranny assuming its 5spd, and how are the seats and are they leather, how many miles on the car? Thanks Dan

The tranny is a 5-speed, with the B&M Ripper shifter. It would occasionaly balk when shifting into 3rd, but I think it was caused mostly by my poor shift habits, rather then the transmission itself. The differential had 3.08 gears in it. The car only has 67k miles on it.

The seats are the cloth/vinyl/leather in grey. The back seat folds down (I bought an old leather seat and had it reupholstered using the fold-down seat frame). They don't have any holes or tears--they are almost like new, as I used seat covers almost the entire time I owned the car.

how far are you from orlando because I know some1 that lives in the area, I could possible get him to pull the parts I needed. I'm doing a 5spd swap in my 94sc so I could also use the 5spd console

You can find someone to buy it!!!!

Thundersteel said:
The insurance company gave me a pretty good settlement, so once I get the check next week, they get the title. I was told it was going to be retitled as "parts only," and it would be illegal to drive it again on the public highways.

I really have no desire to buy it back, as I was in the market for a truck anyway. But for someone needing good parts, it would make an excellent vehicle. It only had 67k miles on it, and the engine/tranny/interior are all in excellent shape.

Don't let them take the car!!!!!!!! That is one rare car!!! Only 574 made.... I suggest that if you can, get the "buy back" value and post it here. You could easily get $1000 for the parts alone without doing any major removal.

Please don't let good parts go to waste. It will probably get crushed and that is a shame. Helk, the blower alone is worth $500 on the boards here!!!!!

Don't let a good car go to waste......

Give me a call if possible, might actually be interested in getting the whole car if you really don't want to do anything with it.

Don

(973) 277-4294

P.S. The valve of the car for insurance reasons should be around $6000. If you're not getting that, call me!!!!

My buddy works as an adjuster and when my 1991 SC got hit and totalled (bought it back and fixed it, not much damage), they told me the car was a loss. I sent them paperwork showing the rariety of the car and all the relavent info and they reviewed it. They called me a few days later offering me DOUBLE what they originally said. (my friend was NOT involved in this company).

Last edited:
I just saw your profile from members section...

You're going to junk it with Kook's headers and B=M shifter and all the performance parts!!!!! ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!! Buy that car back and part it out. If not, I will talk to you about buying the car from you via the buy-back.

Heck, I'll make over $2000 off that car in just parts!!!!

Don

To All who are Interested

Wow! I didn't think there'd be so much interest!

Anyway, I really have no desire to buy back the car and part it out, as I have neither the time nor the interest to do so--especially since I received a very good settlement with the insurance company.

However, if someone is willing to exceed what the insurance company is giving me, I'll consider selling it individually, rather than "selling" it to the insurance company. I would rather have it go to someone who really appreciates these cars anyway. And the best part is, you'll be able to drive it home (if you don't mind the duct tape holding down the trunk lid!)

Otherwise, they'll pick it up next weekend and take it to the salvage yard.

Stop The Presses! Important Update To Last Post!

It turns out I cannot legally sell the car individually, as I already have an agreement with my insurance company for them to take it next week. Sorry :(

For those who are still interested in the car, email me for details on where the car is going. They specializing in selling salvage cars; they also have on on-line auction for those willing to purchase it.

Doens't anyone what the parts I'm selling? :eek:

Thundersteel said:
Owner's manual (I have 2). They come with the blue-zippered pouch.
They are both in outstanding condition. $10 shipped (each).

1995 T-bird sales brochure. Excellent condition. $10 shipped.

thundersteel@cox.net.

I'll take those, thats $20.00 shipped to Canada....you take paypal?

Last edited:
Back