ARP Head Stud and Fel-Pro PermaTourqeMLS Head Gasket Set

OzzManG149

Ive got the Fel-Pro PermaTourqeMLS Head Gasket Set. Im wanting $105 Shipped brand new never out of box except to take pics.

Ive got ARP head Stud kit thats new also. $105 shipped

scheadgasketset.jpg

scheadgasjetset2.jpg

scarpstuds.jpg

scarpstuds2.jpg

if those studs are still around in a week or so ill get them. Whats the deal with having to file a few mm off some of the ends?

I thought the mls hg was just for the 4.2l? Is it the whole upper end or just the hgs? Mike

well I was planning on ordering through one of the online sc site texas or spinning wheels Im not sure which one. They had said that in order to use the arp headstuds you have to file a little bit off of a coupe for clearance issues. They didnt elaborate anymore since the site had a letter count on it but they gave me there ohine number and regular email so i could get the rest of the story and which ones needed the filing done. I havnet gotten that far just yet. Im looking into the special hgs offered on another post but still plan on using the arp studs. Mike

OzzManG149 said:
Its the complete upper engine gasket set. Im not famaliar with having to shave them.

For what year SC? If I remember right, 89-93 is different from 94-95.

-Melon

kwikcoupe said:
well I was planning on ordering through one of the online sc site texas or spinning wheels Im not sure which one. They had said that in order to use the arp headstuds you have to file a little bit off of a coupe for clearance issues. They didnt elaborate anymore since the site had a letter count on it but they gave me there ohine number and regular email so i could get the rest of the story and which ones needed the filing done. I havnet gotten that far just yet. Im looking into the special hgs offered on another post but still plan on using the arp studs. Mike

What they are talking about is if you use the ARP studs for the SC 3.8 you will need to shorten a couple of them in order for your exhaust manifolds to fit back on after you have the heads torqued down.

Instead use the ARP studs for a chevy 2.8 V-6...you won't need to do any trimming.. ;)

Last edited:
Sweet90SC said:
What they are talking about is if you use the ARP studs for the SC 3.8 you will need to shorten a couple of them in order for your exhaust manifolds to fit back on after you have the heads torqued down.

Instead use the ARP studs for a chevy 2.8 V-6...you won't need to do any trimming.. ;)

Does the same apply to headers? I would think yes do to roughly the same flange thickness. Do most shops know about this or would I have to tell them to trim them?

I'll take the gasket set...

So "dibs" or whatever....

I assumethis is the kit for the 4.2 engine????
This would be for a 89-93, this kit will work OK won't it?

"sizemoremk AT yahoo.com"

Is paypal OK?

Thanks!

Last edited:
pablon2 said:
Thought you were kickin' the habit? :D

LOL!!!!

She's got to have HGs and gaskets....

My experience is that it runs ALOT better with em :D

I've got ARP mains and head bolts already...

The gasket kit is for the 3.8L engine and I would prefer a money order if that would work for you let me know and ill give you the address and my phone number.

Thanks
Scott

sizemoremk said:
I'll take the gasket set...

So "dibs" or whatever....

I assumethis is the kit for the 4.2 engine????
This would be for a 89-93, this kit will work OK won't it?

"sizemoremk AT yahoo.com"

Is paypal OK?

Thanks!

OzzManG149 said:
The gasket kit is for the 3.8L engine and I would prefer a money order if that would work for you let me know and ill give you the address and my phone number.

Thanks
Scott

That will work fine, however I thought the only 3.9 MLS gaskets were for the 4.2???

Thanks!

Back