other sources for sunroof seal??

ddw350

i did a search to find that webasto[?] evidently doesnt make it anymore,i call ford and they want $185!! i hung up the phone on them,any other source you all recommended before i spend hours on the phone and computer? thanks for any help..

ddw350 said:
i did a search to find that webasto[?] evidently doesnt make it anymore,i call ford and they want $185!! i hung up the phone on them,any other source you all recommended before i spend hours on the phone and computer? thanks for any help..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcian
I think the Webasto Aftermarket division still has the rubber seals that you can use for all years. The order desk number is: 1-800-860-7866. The old part number is S1286-D5010A for the Starlite 6 assembly. I used the rubber seal on my 89 and it works great.

Good Luck
Todd

..Thanks Todd....just ordered directly from Webasto...$15.15 plus s/h...now that's what I call a mark-up!
z

then again,im only missing a 2" chunk of the seal,where it went to i have no idea,its on the pass side,rest of the seal is in good shape.maybe someone has an old seal i can cut the piece i need and adhere it the glass,i did this with a "practice"piece and it will work fine.i might put a post on the wanted section and see if i get any hits,this would be easier than replacing the whole thing

Back