Does a big block really exist,? look on....

That looks a lot like the car I drove?? If it is its really fast. The set you back in the seat factor is wild. I ran it up in first and second and that was enough for me on the street. If its not the one I drove than when can I drive tat one. Tim

to the top for you

You wanted to see the wires well this will help you find it...also look at the last page, there is another pic from the side that shows you everything.....Rich

I know this thread is 4 years old but do you still have this car Rich? Did you ever get some more dyno numbers? I just started following this thread recently as there are a couple bbf engines for sale near me. Very nice work sir.

still got it

I know this thread is 4 years old but do you still have this car Rich? Did you ever get some more dyno numbers? I just started following this thread recently as there are a couple bbf engines for sale near me. Very nice work sir.

Yes I still have it and it still runs. My biggest issue is getting the power to the road. Even with slicks as big as will fit it blows the tires right off it.. I am just about ready to tub this thing and put some bigger slicks in the new space.

not a bad price, but that hood?

If they would have done some planning they could have gotten away with just a cobra "R" hood and had a better sleeper. If that is a built engine then the money is not bad. You got to do some homework and then go from there. I am not sure why it has that belt setup, but oh well....Rich

No, a big block ford does not exist. FE/ 335 385 series Ford does. Plenty of Chevrolet Big Blocks, but no, Ford never manufactured a big block. When it comes to a Ford you ask which "series" it is.

Last edited:
don't want to agree here..

No, a big block ford does not exist. FE/ 335 385 series Ford does. Plenty of Chevrolet Big Blocks, but no, Ford never manufactured a big block. When it comes to a Ford you ask which "series" it is.

When you get over 550 cubes, it is big no matter who's brand it is. I got "FE"'s that are big, but my 385's are even bigger by over 100 cubes and then some....Rich

What all do i have to look forward to getting to complete a build like this?

I just recently got a BBF 460 and I am planning on rebuilding it and dropping it into my 96 Thunderbird LX and i just wanted some more info from some people about what all i might have to get to be able to accomplish this? i hear fox kit and stuff but i was not sure what else and if that was needed or not.

I guess I am the master of this swap, or so they tell me...

Here is what I have done..... get a set of fox body headers and you have to change one tube on the driver's side. motor mounts I made myself and they are easy to do. I went with a be cool rad, again from a fox body. The trans is a c6 with a b&m shifter. drive shaft is custom made to fit. I went with a carb,but if I was doing another one I would look at FI tech fuel system. So this should get you started, ask away if you need any more info....Good luck.....Rich

Thanks

Here is what I have done..... get a set of fox body headers and you have to change one tube on the driver's side. motor mounts I made myself and they are easy to do. I went with a be cool rad, again from a fox body. The trans is a c6 with a b&m shifter. drive shaft is custom made to fit. I went with a carb,but if I was doing another one I would look at FI tech fuel system. So this should get you started, ask away if you need any more info....Good luck.....Rich

Thank's for the info Pro Street Rich! I really appreciate it, were you not to happy being carburated, or do you just prefer to stay efi, and is there a reason? I am asking because i thought about just going with an FI system myself they make some pretty nice intakes these days.

i am carbbed...

Thank's for the info Pro Street Rich! I really appreciate it, were you not to happy being carburated, or do you just prefer to stay efi, and is there a reason? I am asking because i thought about just going with an FI system myself they make some pretty nice intakes these days.
My two cars are carbbed, but if I was to build another one I would go with the fi tech set up. I did do my twin turbo car with their stuff and it was very easy to do and get the car running the first go around.. That is why if I was to build another one I would go that route....Rich

Also looking to build 460 MN12

Hey rich! I joined specifically because it seems like you’ve got the most information on 460 swapping the MN12 chassis. It may not be a super coupe, but I’d like to swap a MN12 cougar.
Do you happen to have any pictures floating around of how you mounted the custom mounts, what the looked like, etc. I’m in school for welding so I’d assume it shouldn’t be terribly difficult. Anything else about the process would be great greatly appreciated.
I’d like to build a meannnn street car to take over my local digs, and the MN12 chassis is so dang unsuspecting. I’m going to go carb, because this is a bit of a budget build. 10k for the entire build including the shell, which should be sufficient.
Thanks!

do a search for them.

I have posted pic's of most of the parts over the years. So if you do a search you should find everything you need. If you can't find them hit me back and I will see what I have sitting around.....Rich

search this thread

Hey rich! I joined specifically because it seems like you’ve got the most information on 460 swapping the MN12 chassis. It may not be a super coupe, but I’d like to swap a MN12 cougar.
Do you happen to have any pictures floating around of how you mounted the custom mounts, what the looked like, etc. I’m in school for welding so I’d assume it shouldn’t be terribly difficult. Anything else about the process would be great greatly appreciated.
I’d like to build a meannnn street car to take over my local digs, and the MN12 chassis is so dang unsuspecting. I’m going to go carb, because this is a bit of a budget build. 10k for the entire build including the shell, which should be sufficient.
Thanks!

look up the thread " big block install" this will give you a lot of help on what you need to do....Rich

look up the thread " big block install" this will give you a lot of help on what you need to do....Rich
I found an AJE 460 swap K member online that fits a X-93 fox body mustang. Would this work with an MN12 chassis, I just don’t trust my abilities to build a custom oil pump or sump. It’s just going to be a budget, mild street car. 350-400hp. I can have a shop do the header work, and I can figure out the U-joint change but I worry about fabbing up motor mounts.

not sure on the fit..

I found an AJE 460 swap K member online that fits a X-93 fox body mustang. Would this work with an MN12 chassis, I just don’t trust my abilities to build a custom oil pump or sump. It’s just going to be a budget, mild street car. 350-400hp. I can have a shop do the header work, and I can figure out the U-joint change but I worry about fabbing up motor mounts.

the mustang may not fit our mn12 bodies, but it is something that may be able to get reworked????? Now the oil pan is a lot simple to solve. The truck oil pan from a f250-359 rwd should work. The first one of these that I did worked fine with the stock "K" member.. so it should work with the aje if it bolts into the car, good luck on that part.....Rich

Read your other threads

the mustang may not fit our mn12 bodies, but it is something that may be able to get reworked????? Now the oil pan is a lot simple to solve. The truck oil pan from a f250-359 rwd should work. The first one of these that I did worked fine with the stock "K" member.. so it should work with the aje if it bolts into the car, good luck on that part.....Rich
In you previous threads you commented that you used an AJE K member and asked for them to make it 2” lower. Are they universal K members for the MN12 chassis. Any motor? I’m just trying to do this swap as well as I can, it’ll be a street car, and needs to behave as such. Can’t be breaking down every week.
Additionally I guess I can call and ask if they’ll make one with 460 mounts, can’t imagine if they’re making them to order, this would be an issue for almost $900.

Back