Does a big block really exist,? look on....

That's what did my last one in........

:D :D
KwikGSeX said:
Anyone else think 3 specific words come to mind when you look at that beauty? Fogger and 300 shot :D
This spring I put to sleep :mad: a 567" that was running a fogger UNDER the manifold. The system was totally hidden, even the bottle was M,I.A. :eek: :eek:
That one was VERY,VERY wild, but the bottle was a bit too hard on the rest of the engine... :confused: That was to do battle at the Midwest Bash, but some little street racing did it in, big time...
Now we have this car up and running again and now it is play time again.. :p ........ :D .Rich

something is in the works.........

fast Ed said:
Nice job Rich, that looks like a pretty clean install.

Is there enough room for more air cleaner? IIRC, those little Edelbrock triangular thingies don't flow a huge amount ... but I could be wrong!! :D

cheers
Ed N.
This was all that would fit with this "crab" manifold. I am working on a "cold air" setup that gets it's air from the fog light area. That will be done in a week or so if I get the time to fab it up....Should be a 4" tube that heads out the stock air box hole and puts the filter down under the fender.....So much time and so little gets done, or so it seems..........Rich

Ok when do I get a ride? Are you going to the G :D rove to test it? When? let me know!

pro street rich said:
:D :D
This spring I put to sleep :mad: a 567" that was running a fogger UNDER the manifold. The system was totally hidden, even the bottle was M,I.A. :eek: :eek:
That one was VERY,VERY wild, but the bottle was a bit too hard on the rest of the engine... :confused: That was to do battle at the Midwest Bash, but some little street racing did it in, big time...
Now we have this car up and running again and now it is play time again.. :p ........ :D .Rich

Well you know what they say.. If you aint breakin parts you aint goin fast enuff :D Still that SC would be well into the 10's with one of them thar big blew bawttles no?

holy crap! dude! that is the most awesome Tbird I have seen in ages! Balls & Beauty! I'm very impressed *wants clone!!*

Pro Steet Rich

Hey Pro Stock Rich :D

very nice work! glad to see it ready your work will pay off in some nice track numbers what have you done to the botton end? rods? crank? pistons? cubic inch? nice heads.

We need a top SC V8 class like the 3.8 M-90 one got a car in the works as we speak FE 496ci stroker SC with a few glass parts :D looking to dip into the 9's run this Pro 1 class at Sac its all chevys time for some tbird FORD power change your name to Pro Stock Rich ;) nice work

Us who own them never forget this post. I actually have it saved in my favorites! Heck, I might even be up for a trade for mine, something 4 wheel drive and fullsize.

Last edited:
very very nice, but please tidy up the fuel line a bit, it distracts from the sick looking motor......

thats ok on your post..

crap, I got post happy and didnt see the date...

sorry for posting on an outdated thread..

That fuel line has been replaced with a pair of 1/2 inch lines to try and feed the 1,000 cfm carb that now sits on the engine. Some of those wires also got cleaned up on there as well.....Rich

Rich,

Are you ever going to bring this car to the Shootout ? I expected to see it at Muncie, but you showed up with the slow one :confused:

David

I have as a motivational picture....

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13985&d=1120354717
Under the hood

....on the fridge front in my garage the first engine pic. Beside the fridge is a rack with a lincoln 460 torn down ready to go to the machine shop.

Saving my pennies and bottle returns for a set of alum heads (hey, I managed to build a screaming mopar 383 in high school that way.....it'll just take longer) Trying to figure out how to plumb the performer intake for injection. I have a '93 bird V8 engine harness for modding also an ECU to chip. One of my projects for my friendly neighborhood machinist is an adapter for an SC cam syncronizer and an adapter plate for the HB to mount a 94 36-1 trigger wheel. Still need to get a manual trans flywheel. If I can get it built, maybe the wife will let me pull the 3.8 out and let me play for a while! :)
It would be kick aZZ with the T56.
Rich, you are an inspiration for motorheads!
MikeH

we will have to see which one

Rich,

Are you ever going to bring this car to the Shootout ? I expected to see it at Muncie, but you showed up with the slow one :confused:

David

David, not sure which one of my toys that I will bring this coming year. Whatever it is will be something to see at the track....Rich

the baby one did good.

Whatever happened to the dyno? Would love to see the numbers.

That one at the shoot out was way north of 400 but the dyno did not like it too much. Traction was not the best for some reason. Add to that there was something going on that turned out to be fatal on the first pass down the track.
When it was dynoed up here on a good dyno it was a lot higher with #'s north of that 500 mark.. We will have to see what that new engine now does with the bigger carb and all the other goodies that were needed to get it to run where it should. The engine dyno was pegged at over 800, so who knows what the chassis dyno will show.....Rich

good old days from an oldsmobile man.....................

had a 65 442, still have a 65 starfire. wanted to rebuild the 400 in the 442 due to a bad bearing one day, but wanted to race the car that night.(doty road for all you chicagolanders), so I rented an engine puller than morning from wirtz rentals,pulled the 400 out of the 442 and bolted it to the engine stand, pulled the 425 out of the starfire and dropped it into the 442, connencted the motor mounts and torque converter and returned the engine puller for a one day rental charge. Then swapped the intake and carbs(edelbrock torker highrise),redid all my electric and mechanical connections, and was up and running before the action started that night. That's how easy it used to be with your good old big block v8. No computers, and plenty of working room under the hood. Can't beat the good old days. Keep those days alive Rich, i remember em well! Sure wish i had kept that 442!

Back