Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does a big block really exist,? look on....

Us who own them never forget this post. I actually have it saved in my favorites! Heck, I might even be up for a trade for mine, something 4 wheel drive and fullsize.
    Last edited by wisupercoupe; 12-06-2011 at 04:40 PM.

very very nice, but please tidy up the fuel line a bit, it distracts from the sick looking motor......

Quote Originally Posted by 90turbo1 View Post
    very very nice, but please tidy up the fuel line a bit, it distracts from the sick looking motor......
    crap, I got post happy and didnt see the date...

sorry for posting on an outdated thread..

Smile thats ok on your post..

Quote Originally Posted by 90turbo1 View Post
    crap, I got post happy and didnt see the date...

sorry for posting on an outdated thread..
    That fuel line has been replaced with a pair of 1/2 inch lines to try and feed the 1,000 cfm carb that now sits on the engine. Some of those wires also got cleaned up on there as well.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Rich,

Are you ever going to bring this car to the Shootout ? I expected to see it at Muncie, but you showed up with the slow one

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat.............10.597 @ 135.78

My Garage

Whatever happened to the dyno? Would love to see the numbers.

I have as a motivational picture....

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachme...5&d=1120354717
    Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    Under the hood
    ....on the fridge front in my garage the first engine pic. Beside the fridge is a rack with a lincoln 460 torn down ready to go to the machine shop.

Saving my pennies and bottle returns for a set of alum heads (hey, I managed to build a screaming mopar 383 in high school that way.....it'll just take longer) Trying to figure out how to plumb the performer intake for injection. I have a '93 bird V8 engine harness for modding also an ECU to chip. One of my projects for my friendly neighborhood machinist is an adapter for an SC cam syncronizer and an adapter plate for the HB to mount a 94 36-1 trigger wheel. Still need to get a manual trans flywheel. If I can get it built, maybe the wife will let me pull the 3.8 out and let me play for a while!
    It would be kick aZZ with the T56.
    Rich, you are an inspiration for motorheads!
    MikeH

Smile we will have to see which one

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Rich,

Are you ever going to bring this car to the Shootout ? I expected to see it at Muncie, but you showed up with the slow one

David
    David, not sure which one of my toys that I will bring this coming year. Whatever it is will be something to see at the track....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Smile the baby one did good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahoopd View Post
    Whatever happened to the dyno? Would love to see the numbers.
    That one at the shoot out was way north of 400 but the dyno did not like it too much. Traction was not the best for some reason. Add to that there was something going on that turned out to be fatal on the first pass down the track.
    When it was dynoed up here on a good dyno it was a lot higher with #'s north of that 500 mark.. We will have to see what that new engine now does with the bigger carb and all the other goodies that were needed to get it to run where it should. The engine dyno was pegged at over 800, so who knows what the chassis dyno will show.....Rich

good old days from an oldsmobile man.....................

had a 65 442, still have a 65 starfire. wanted to rebuild the 400 in the 442 due to a bad bearing one day, but wanted to race the car that night.(doty road for all you chicagolanders), so I rented an engine puller than morning from wirtz rentals,pulled the 400 out of the 442 and bolted it to the engine stand, pulled the 425 out of the starfire and dropped it into the 442, connencted the motor mounts and torque converter and returned the engine puller for a one day rental charge. Then swapped the intake and carbs(edelbrock torker highrise),redid all my electric and mechanical connections, and was up and running before the action started that night. That's how easy it used to be with your good old big block v8. No computers, and plenty of working room under the hood. Can't beat the good old days. Keep those days alive Rich, i remember em well! Sure wish i had kept that 442!
    89 SC. Every option except factory alarm and climate control.Dynomax super turbo's,magnaflow resonator,SCP cats and tubes,ZR intake, 5% pulley.70mm maf,k&n cone filter, 145 mph speedo, white face gages, and a 90 cougar xr-7 bone stock.

That looks a lot like the car I drove?? If it is its really fast. The set you back in the seat factor is wild. I ran it up in first and second and that was enough for me on the street. If its not the one I drove than when can I drive tat one. Tim

to the top for you

You wanted to see the wires well this will help you find it...also look at the last page, there is another pic from the side that shows you everything.....Rich

I know this thread is 4 years old but do you still have this car Rich? Did you ever get some more dyno numbers? I just started following this thread recently as there are a couple bbf engines for sale near me. Very nice work sir.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5519759321.html

There's a guy with a 460 tbird on Craigslist local to me. Is it any of you guys on this forum?

still got it

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor03 View Post
    I know this thread is 4 years old but do you still have this car Rich? Did you ever get some more dyno numbers? I just started following this thread recently as there are a couple bbf engines for sale near me. Very nice work sir.
    Yes I still have it and it still runs. My biggest issue is getting the power to the road. Even with slicks as big as will fit it blows the tires right off it.. I am just about ready to tub this thing and put some bigger slicks in the new space.