nitrous, V8's, AR's,turbos, etc. Are they really SC's???

Dave,

Yea, I guess that comment was kind of a compliant. I know what went into the location decision and understand why it's in Ok, but sometimes I just complain anyway. I don't mean anything by it. Sorry.

Are we getting some of the Westerners committing to go? Jerrod from OK, Wynn from TX, John Shelton, Manny, Jimmy D or any of the California guys? Aren't there some guys from Colorado? Somebody should dig up Dr. Fred and get him there somehow.

If my car is up and runningby then have decided t go to Ok. I will still have to get to the dyno and have a new chip burned but with it being that far off I dont see any real problem. So I think If I make it Dan should be able to go too. :D I figure one really long day of driving. I want to meet up with some of the other guys on the way down.

Add this to the mix as well...

Kurt K said:
Dave, just remember that 4 or 5 of us Midwest guys were busy with a wedding. Otherwise I'm sure there would have been more of us.
Dave, there were at least FOUR other guys that had car trouble as well that were on their way to the bash...Add that to the nine guys that were there at the track and you would have had 18 guys ready to race and have some fun.
The weather was great, the people who did make it had fun and if you would have added all the broken cars to the mix there would have been a nice turnout.... Not bad for something untried and run on the soft side. No one had to put out $$$ till they got to the places that they needed to enter...
All in all with everything that broke down and those guys that had to go to the "Wedding of the decade" it would have been a great show... Heck if you add Tim & Allen who both just broke, but still hung with us there would have been more than 20 not bad for a "local group"...........Rich

From the beginning of the Midwest bash.I beleive most from
the southern direction said that they already had plans.
And most likey never sighed up to start with.

I tried to get there but I had other commitment made over
a year ago.And could not get away.But I tried.

And it was to hot.RECORD HEAT.THE HOTTEST IT HAD BEEN
IN OVER 6 YEARS FOR THE CHICAGO AREA.There was not
many showed because of bad judgement of the date that was set.
Has nothing to do with fortitude

And I would of rather saved my money to go to the real deal
SHOOTOUT OUT in OK.And bring my real deal all stock SC ,
with bolt-ons ,to Race JIM'S REALDEAL all steel SC,
and get beat-up on the track,except when I blow nasty ELVIRA
off in the weeds.Then get drunk and be sombody for a day or two..
I am even going to bring all the beer David N. can drink.Since
I have been mooching his for three years at the track.

Randy :)

Last edited:
tim said:
If my car is up and runningby then have decided t go to Ok. I will still have to get to the dyno and have a new chip burned but with it being that far off I dont see any real problem. So I think If I make it Dan should be able to go too. :D I figure one really long day of driving. I want to meet up with some of the other guys on the way down.

I drove back to and from a race with some of the STlouis crew.
Tim you will not be able to keep up.They they think 95 to 100mph
is the speed limit,Kurt K. falls to sleep at the wheel any slower.

Randy owner of a real SC with stock motor,that runs on gas.

Subject matter has changed yet again.... :)

I would have loved to go to the midwest bash, but I am limiting myself to one major SC event per year. I do this for the sake of my family. The supercoupe shootout is my event for the year. The only thing that will keep me from attending it would be my work... And wearing the uniform that says US ARMY accross the chest has a little say in what I can do. But I should be able to make it.

But about the rules and lists...lets let the new elected sccoa officials (whenever that occurs) establish commitees to deal with these issues. Then the recommendation is brought from the commitee to the community to vote for approval/denial. Simple. But until then we just have to be patient.

As to what is a SC and what isn't...well, looking from a collector's point of view...if numbers match, then that's a no brainer, if it a SC chassis, different other stuff...it's a molested SC. And then a 'Bird made to be like a SC is an imposter. I think that you'll find the same arguements in the collector community. My neighbor has a '68 Camero, runs low 12's in the 1/4. Obviously it is not stock. Does it make it less valuable? Not really. Maybe from the purist collector's view, but not as a whole. The engine and tranny were not from the factory...I'm not even sure if they were from another camero even... The collector insurance he has on it now says it's worth nearly $20k, so in my books, that's not bad. The same will happen to the SC community in 20 years or so.

So all in all, I don't give a rat's @$$ what others think is a true SC. I know that right now I've got 2 of them. And one of them is 1/2 parted out...but it's still a SC!

Oh, and speaking of caravaning down to the SC shootout...Keep everyone posted if you're heading through the KC area...Us great plains guys can join up there.

Randy N Connie said:
From the beginning of the Midwest bash.I beleive most from
the southern direction said that they already had plans.
And most likey never sighed up to start with.

And it was to hot.RECORD HEAT.THE HOTTEST IT HAD BEEN
IN OVER 6 YEARS FOR THE CHICAGO AREA.There was not
many showed because of bad judgement of the date that was set.
Has nothing to do with fortitude

Randy :)
I will take GREAT exception to these remarks..... There were a few dates set up and when this one was picked it got the "NOD" from the boys in St. Louis. :eek: After the date was locked down someone saw the conflict and spoke up. By then it was too late to change it. :mad: :mad:
WE DID OUR HOMEWORK, there are only so many weekends that you can get the track to almost yourself. :D No one waited more than 5 minutes in line to race. :D The only time this was not true was when someone broke. :(
Now you bring up the weather, WHO IN THE HELL knew that this june was going to be the 3rd hottest in history??? Even with that said it was not too hot on sat. the temp was a low 80's with a bit of a wind. All in all the weather was nice, the date was nice, just too many other things going on. That plus the cars that broke, well there you have it. ;)
The event was planned out just fine,no one had a complaint execpt those who DIDN"T MAKE IT. To that I say TUFF, :mad: if you thing you can do better GO FOR IT...........You missed it, We had fun that's all that counts. :) :D ...........Rich

Rich,

I've heard nothing but praise for the way the meet was organized and conducted. Hopefully we can do it again next year and it will be a much bigger turnout.

If not for Micah's wedding I know there would have been at least 4 more SCs attending.

David

As to what is a SC and what isn't...well, looking from a collector's point of view...if numbers match, then that's a no brainer, if it a SC chassis, different other stuff...it's a molested SC. And then a 'Bird made to be like a SC is an imposter. I think that you'll find the same arguements in the collector community. My neighbor has a '68 Camero, runs low 12's in the 1/4. Obviously it is not stock. Does it make it less valuable? Not really. Maybe from the purist collector's view, but not as a whole. The engine and tranny were not from the factory...I'm not even sure if they were from another camero even... The collector insurance he has on it now says it's worth nearly $20k, so in my books, that's not bad. The same will happen to the SC community in 20 years or so.

I agree with this. You put in words what I've been trying to say all along. I will add that in my book a fake SC from the perspective of club gatherings, competition, and representation here is just as good as the real deal. Of course it may lose value due to non matching components, but from my perspective, WHO CARES?

I may be trailering my car down to OK. on the back of a Semi with a tilt bed trailer. Then they can try and keep up with me. I can go 1200mi. on one fuel up and cruise at 80-85 all day. :D I also have a cb to keep me out of trouble.

another trailer QUEEN????

tim said:
I may be trailering my car down to OK. on the back of a Semi with a tilt bed trailer. Then they can try and keep up with me. I can go 1200mi. on one fuel up and cruise at 80-85 all day. :D I also have a cb to keep me out of trouble.
Tim that would make your car a trailer QUEEN, :eek: just like the rest of us :D . Only thing different is you will be going in style.. :D ;) :p ......
On another note, it sure has been quiet on the western front since someone was asked how to get 500" out of the stock Ford "FE" block he was showing off.....Wonder why??? :confused: :confused:
Hey Tim, got room on there for another car?? might want to bring MY 11 second V6 as well... Yes the second S.C. ever to go 11's without a bottle and it was done before someone else did his..... Even got the time slip to prove it... :D ;) :) .......Rich

Rich

(FUNNY MAN YOU ARE)

Well proove it buddy! 2nd SC into the 11's be kinda hard after my proof time slip and 6 SCCoA members there to see it. ohhhhhhh plus Chris Wies we where running for that right? where where you? this all seams like childs play he did this I did this (PROOF) not talk. your 500ci FE now thats a real funny deal you look at this its all a big joke. to bad this club turned to V8 BS as my 496ci FE stroker is going into Jim Wells REAL shelby Cobra for testing. was pulling your leg putting a $40,000 race engine into a SC now you bought that? I think Rich and a few others are just posting BS to keep this post going you new guys think about it before posting. Let see Rich run 11's without Nitrous in a 3.8V6 M-90 that should be interesting :D :eek: :) :cool: dont hold your breath

P.S just keep an eye on number 3 becouse its going to change in a big way Silver Bullet is BACK just like before thumping the number 2 spot

Last edited:
there's a new thread just for you jimmy..

Jim Demmitt Jr said:
(FUNNY MAN YOU ARE)

Well proove it buddy! 2nd SC into the 11's be kinda hard after my proof time slip and 6 SCCoA members there to see it. ohhhhhhh plus Chris Wies we where running for that right? where where you? this all seams like childs play he did this I did this (PROOF) not talk. your 500ci FE now thats a real funny deal you look at this its all a big joke. to bad this club turned to V8 BS as my 496ci FE stroker is going into Jim Wells REAL shelby Cobra for testing. was pulling your leg putting a $40,000 race engine into a SC now you bought that? I think Rich and a few others are just posting BS to keep this post going you new guys think about it before posting. Let see Rich run 11's without Nitrous in a 3.8V6 M-90 that should be interesting :D :eek: :) :cool: dont hold your breath

Just for you ,go and look, but take your crying towel with you..............Rich

Forget the great technical information; this thread is worth the price of membership to the SCCOA. :)

I have a slightly modified SC and another so stock it still has the paper air filter. No doubt which one is the most fun to drive.

Last year in our local paper a 35th anniversary model with 2,000 miles on it was advertised for $12,000. It never sold far as I know

I think we should drive em often as the value is not ever going to be that great. There are too many on blocks now for anything with over 50,000 miles on the odometer to ever make more that simple interest in the bank.

I know what would really raise the prestige of the SC in the performance community. The first three car episode of Pinks on Speed. Rich, Dave and Jim negotiating through what spotting you need for nitrous, cogged superchargers and trick transmissions.
The winner would take the other two home. :D

XR7 Dave said:
The bad part is that we keep debating this on and on among the members when the administration has clearly stated that they will not change anything. I think the main reason that admin has taken that stance is that they have no desire to be the object of peoples rantings after a decision has been made. This has been stated previously.

We can fuss all we want but in the end the SCCOA didn't write the rules for either list and they (the SCCOA) have clearly stated that they do not wish to make new rules and then catch hell from everyone who is not happy with the new list they create. Herein lies the crux of the problem. The admin has also stated that they will bestow that duty upon the new leadership when the SCCOA changes hands or retains new leadership in whatever form that develops. No deadline for this to occur has been established and henceforth further discussions on these matters are of mute point.

Or something like that.

Dan, I didn't miss that comment about all the people from the midwest who are going to have to drive 2 days to get to OK. If the turnout for the Midwest Bash was any indication of the fortitude of the Midwest SC crowd, I highly doubt anyone from the Midwest will make it to the SC Shootout. Mike8675309 was the lone person other than myself who managed to make more than a 2 hr jaunt to attend. It was the most pathetic demonstration of apathy one could imagine for a group that was so very vocal about having the SC Shootout in the Midwest.

:(

Maybe you should try go-karting instead :D

P.S just keep an eye on number 3 becouse its going to change in a big way Silver Bullet is BACK just like before thumping the number 2 spot

Jim,

Just because I'm building a turbo v8 SC doesn't mean I've stopped modding my 3.8. I expect to lower my ET by a few more tenths, before you even get your car running again.

So are you coming to the Shootout or not ?

David

David Neibert said:
Jim,

Just because I'm building a turbo v8 SC doesn't mean I've stopped modding my 3.8. I expect to lower my ET by a few more tenths, before you even get your car running again.

So are you coming to the Shootout or not ?

David you dont know how bad I want to go and race the car I am glad you still going to run the SC its an amazing car. I got two problems one trans for SC and two the tow car needs smog dont know if it will pass big 460 money money. first SC trans on my list found that Lentech has Street terminator PLUS AOD on sale at $2195.00 maybe round up enough cash to get it

Back