high pressure ps hose, help......pretty please!!

djxmetal

my high pressure power stearing pump hose sprung a nasty leak in the rubber part of the hose.does anybody kno how to get it out ,if ford even makes the part anymore(checker says its not available)and if there is a way to splice that hose together?thanks in advance cuz im way beyond stuck on this problem.jake.

You can buy the hose at NAPA or Autozone for around $50. I would not try to splice it due to the pressure and the condition of the hose. I'm not sure how hard it is to get to the hose, I did mine when I had the PS pump out. If you can't get it locally try rockauto.com or partsamerica.com.

Last edited:
Jake, what year is your SC ? The 1989 only takes a specific hose, Ford # is E9SZ 3A719 D. The 90-95 hose is F0SZ 3A719 C ... both are still available from Ford, probably more money than a parts store hose though (I'm up in Toronto, so I can't tell you what the U.S. Ford pricing is).

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

I've got more pictures on my computer at home with the engine in that I can post if you need them. The hose is routed kinda weird as it connects to the rack right by the power steering pump, then shoots over to the passenger side, then comes back to the power steering pump. Steel to the passenger side, rubber on the way back.

The pics below are diagrams and shots without the engine I received from someone else. You can probably get at it all from underneath, but the fitting at the rack is a little tough to get at. The opening for a wrench is small (15mm I believe) so you can only move it a little bit at a time and you can't really get square to the sides. It'll be tight too. I had to hit the wrench with a hammer to break it loose.

I took my hose off as I thought it had failed due to motor mounts. When I cleaned it up I saw only scuff marks but no leaks. I think it was the low side leaking due to some very loose hose clamps.

You may have to pull the oil filter off to get it out though. It sits right behind the filter.

cross%20member.jpg

power%20steering.jpg

Back