Need part number for TV cable brass bushing and cotter pin

Scott Long

My friend Nick bought an SC yesterday. Its a 90 titanium automatic transmission with black cloth interior, and a moonroof. The car has removed air silencer, K&N filter, shift kit, and flowmaster cat back exhaust. The car runs great, until we had a problem last night.

exhaust.jpg

(The car has now got black THUNDERBIRD SC decals in the bumper)

We got onto the throttle pretty good, like stomp it down, and then the tranny started slipping bad. I told him to park it immediately. I got under the hood and noticed the TV cable had came disconnected from the throttle body linkage.

We called my friend Derek to come get us in his 94 SC and run me to my house to get some parts for Nicks SC. I remember I broke the same piece on mine last summer and someone gave me the part number for the brass bushing and pin. So I bought two of them. I always kept the spare in my glove box, but now I can't find it, so I took the one off of my TV cable and gave it to Nick, now his car is fine, hopefully no damage occured to the transmission in the short seconds it was slipping.

So I need to replace the part for my SC so if someone could hook me up with the part number, I'd greatly appreciate it. I think George Davenport gave me the part number before.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot George, I'm going to get a few more this time. Then I'll have spares incase my other AOD friends have problems.

Scott:

If you get them before the TBU meet, I would like to buy one from you. Mine is just held in place with the gromett and it makes me worry everytime I get on it.

David

can you post a pic of this part that you're talking about...something broke off of my cable a while ago and the cable is now only being held to the throttle body by my holy wire (that wire has saved my, and my sc's, ass plenty of times). So im wondering if its the same thing that broke from urs (and ur friends). Also, just in case it is the same part, how much are those brass bushing and pin? ...last, as grifter said...is that a ford part number? thanx dude

It is a Ford part number. It consists of a brass bushing and a steel "hairpin" clip.

Yeah, i believe that's the same thing that broke off of mine. Anyone have a price? And just to make sure, Here's a pic of where Im missing the fastening device that holds the cable to the TB...can any of you confirm? I was going to go to the junk yard and just snatch one off of another engine, but if they're not pricey...i rather have it new.

p.s..i know i spelled 'holy' wrong on the pic, but i dont feel like editing it:D

Attachments

• mvc-030s2.jpg
    mvc-030s2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 277
That piece replaces what you have the wire holding. They are like $3.00 for the bushing and clip. Can save your transmission. I zip tied mine when it broke.

Dave I should have them at the TBU meet this weekend. I'll give you one if you let me drive your super wicked SC. I will also give Pdiddy one.

My ford dealer didn't stock the plastic ones, but did stock the brass.

Back