2005 SC Shootout hotel update...

XR7 Dave

The 2005 SC Shootout has secured the Guest Inn in Norman, OK for the Shootout, information is as follows:

Guest Inn
2543 West Main St
Norman, Ok 73069
405-360-1234

Double $55.00 night
Single $45.00

To make your reservations, please state that you are with the Super Coupe Club of America to get the contract rate. We have 20 non-smoking singles and 30 non-smoking doubles. We did this to get the group located all together in the same area of the hotel. All unreserved rooms will be released on the 15th of September so don't delay setting up your reservations.

Shootout Itinerary:

Friday Oct. 7 8am-5pm, dyno tuning at:

Alternative Motorsports
8608 West Reno
Oklahoma City 73127
Tel. 405-440-0933

This is not technically part of the SC Shootout, participation is by reservation only.

The Shootout begins officially with sign in and party at the hotel Friday night. Directions, participant packets, etc, will be presented from 6pm-midnight.

Saturday Oct 8. 8am-5pm

This is the dyno competition. We will have a general guideline for classes and times but this is not set in stone. Late arrivals will be accepted up until the dyno closes. Lunch will be served at the dyno facility.

Saturday night dinner/party intinerary is yet to be finalized.

Sunday Oct. 9 8am-5pm

Drag racing venue at Thunder Valley Raceway

10500 S. 48th St, Noble, OK 73068

More to come, stay tuned. Also feel free to post any questions here.... :)

Would this also be a good place to list the various convoy routes that will be taken? I know a few of us great plains guys would love to get in on the convoy from the Ohio River Valley area. But I don't know when the convoy will be passing near us (presumably KC down I-35 to Norman). That information will help determine what nights I need to make reservations for.

Also, Now that we have hotel info, do we have any of the meal pricing info yet? It would just be nice to know stuff.

Just a little early for those questions. ;) We'll have more posts about those types of things as the date gets closer. Right now we'd like to answer questions more specifically related to the information above.

Would this also be a good place to list the various convoy routes that will be taken? I know a few of us great plains guys would love to get in on the convoy from the Ohio River Valley area. But I don't know when the convoy will be passing near us (presumably KC down I-35 to Norman). That information will help determine what nights I need to make reservations for.

Sam, you and Thomas should consider meeting up with us Colorado guys!

If everything goes well, expect 6-7 SC's from Colorado.

Jeramie

92bird said:
Sam, you and Thomas should consider meeting up with us Colorado guys!

If everything goes well, expect 6-7 SC's from Colorado.

Jeramie

I'm up for either...I just want to be in a caravan of SC's! It makes the trip that much more enjoyable. That's a thought that I hadn't really considered though...I'll keep that in mind!

I think I'll be making my reservations this week...(It'll be a whole lot harder for my wife to talk me out of it, if they are already made.. ;) )

Any chance of any of these caravans heading through Southeast KS? I'd love to get in on a caravan, I'm still planning on going.

Or if anyone is taking 44 down through MO, we could meet up in Joplin.

Last edited:
traveler said:
Any chance of any of these caravans heading through Southeast KS? I'd love to get in on a caravan, I'm still planning on going.

Or if anyone is taking 44 down through MO, we could meet up in Joplin.
You could try meeting up with us. We'll be heading down from St Louis. I hope to get a better schedule put up before the end of the weekend. St. Louis Caravan Thead

Made my reservations this morning and lucky for me, they still offered the SCCoA rate.

So who is staying at my house Thursday night ?

David

Is anyone wanting to split a room/costs? Let me know...

Also, is anyone going through the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that I could caravan with?

I have a room with two beds booked, but I'm waiting for one of the SCCoO guys to say yes or no about coming down with us (he'd be sharing the room). I'll see if I can get a definite answer from him, and let you know. The 95 5-speed owners have to stick together!! :D

cheers
Ed N.

EDIT: Sorry, a fellow SCCoOer is coming down, sending his registration today (Andrew Wang). So I don't have a room to share.

Last edited:
Back