whats a paint job now days?

Well, depends on the body shop, I guess....the clear coat peeoled off my 95 and it was 1500 just to sand and paint it. My 89 has so many dings and hail damage, plus new trim, the price went well over 3500 for a good paint job but that's a ways off for right now. BTW, add about 2000 for a color change.

My red 90 SC is going into the shop this winter for a complete repaint. It's staying the same color but it is being taken completely down and redone. $5500 is the cost for this, but red is also the most expensive color to have painted. I'm also buying new weatherstrip and so forth for the car so it will be all new when it's done.

A shop will almost always charge more than someone doing it on the side. Just ask some friends who they've used, but ask to see examples of the guy's work first! A local guy out here in Va, who used to work in a dealership's body shop, is painting a friend of mine's SC right now for $800. I've seen his work first hand because he's done work on both of my 95 SC's.

My brother is a bodyman so he's gonna be painting my Bird and he and I will be doing the bodywork and prep together, so I'll be getting a good deal.
With that said he and I went to the paint supplier to check on the price of the paint and his cost on the paint alone is right at $800. :eek:
Just paint no primers, activators, reducers or any of the bodywork and prep supplies or labor.

I was looking at painting some parts of my car and it costs less to paint the whole car i know it sounds silly but a small can of paint goes for all most as much as a full size one. it was about 250 to 300 CDA for paint and all the other stuff this was for a mid range paint. In Red and matched right to my car now in a spot that has not been faded from the sun.

when I do it i'm going to look at a high end like a PPG or something.

Back