Did I rip this dude off....

simply said, until he shows otherwise, it appears you shipped what he paid for. That he disputes he "received" what he paid for is really up to him to validate.

MIKE 38sc said:
Yes you did, SHAME on you!
Now as your punishment send all of your extra SC parts to me. That should be punishment enough. :p

OK, I have a stock airbox left, what is your address :D

Well he asked me if I had a camera phone, and I told him if he had one, he could email the pics to my email address...

he would have to have one heck of a good cell phone camera to get anygood detail...

But anyways, I will post some pics if he send any.

By the way, I did send him a link to the this thread and urged him to participate...

So I guess we'll wait and see...

sizemoremk said:
I sold some black leather front seats out of a 93 SC to a guy ......
:eek: WOW .... I remember looking at these seats before! What I need is a set of GRAY seats, so I passed, but I can tell you that I remember thinking that for $100 or so they look like a GREAT deal! The upholstry shop wants $250 just for ONE seat done. Personally, I think he should be happy with the seats no matter what! The FACT is ... USED does mean .... well, USED! :D

Chances are the seats have just been sitting all this time and he only just checked them out now. Maybe it was this ridiculous summer heat that dried them out and caused the flaking? Offer to give him $5 back off the purchase price! :D

Well its been a coupe of days now, and havent; heard back, so perhaps he was imbelishing abot leather flaking off, etc.

I would be VERY surprised to see pics that showed leather flaking off....

Those Leather Seats

Whoa I remember those seats. Thats funny I came accross this thread.:)

This is probably dangerous ground even stepping in here and speaking. Being that it has been a year and I have been called a scammer and lier, but who cares

I threw those seats away, but I did keep the skins. I likes rickbtbird comment up top about one mans treasure being anothers trash. Thats was the case here.

The comments I had made about getting lawyers involved was just a scare tactic because I jumped to conclusions thinking, geez this guy has pictures of these seats looking really nice and bright black, but they come, and look like crap. I blatantly felt I was scammed, keep reading.

And nope, never used sandpaper on them, good idea though.:D Long time till a response after buying was because I was trying everything I could to get the leather nice and soft again. Couln't get it soft or even come close to bringing back the beautiful dark color that they were new.

Just here pushing the point that I'm not/was not a scam-artist or an a**hole. I'm just a perfectionist, those seats were garbage imo:)

I think back on it, yeah I got $100 seats and I was asking and hoping for $1,000 seats, I basically got seats I would not have bought if I would have seen their condition in person Thats the price I pay for not seeing them in person before purchasing:( .

Anyways, I am just going to have my sc seats re-upholstered. No hard feelings, What's $200? I spent nearly twice that much on my harmonic balancer and bolt.
Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
For the trouble, I wish I had put them in my 35th, that way I could've shopped around, maybe carried my 35th seats to the ATL or something for reupholstery...

I still think they were in pretty danm good shape for that price. Had they been some show quality seats, I'd have wanted some mo cash fur em'

I'm glad there are no hard feelings.

sizemoremk said:
For the trouble, I wish I had put them in my 35th, that way I could've shopped around, maybe carried my 35th seats to the ATL or something for reupholstery...

I still think they were in pretty danm good shape for that price. Had they been some show quality seats, I'd have wanted some mo cash fur em'

I'm glad there are no hard feelings.

yeah, it turns out that I wont be happy with anything less then very good condition seats. The rest of my interior looks pretty close to show quality, unfortunately those seats didn't fit in.

What killed that deal was the fact That I wasnt able to see them in person before buying!!

glad thats resolved after only 1 year!!! lmao

chris

He got a deal , and the drivers seat does not even have that friggin backward bend I could make those look excellent with some of the permatex patch and a little vynil dye.

442 Guy

Hey I still have the skins for those seats. I'll sell them to you. They've been up in my attic for about a year now, they are not as bright of a black as what the pictures show. Let's say $100.00 shipped, maybe I just don't know the proper way to make them look good. I will tell you this, when you sit the skins for those seats on top of the thunderbird LX seats that I have in my SC right now, its like night and day. Hardly any fade and very very soft leather is how I describe my lx seats.

All power to you my friend, I did as much as I can do with them. $100.00 today, I'll make sure to ship by Tomorrow or monday!

442guy: Oh he has to sue you in the county YOU reside in so really you'll never see him!!!

Lets not beat a dead horse here.:) Look 5 threads up where this was already resolved and spoken about.

thanks
chris

well this was really.....stupid. You didn't beat a dead horse. you dug it's rotting carcus from a stinking grave...live, learn and let it go..Nuffs e-nuff

Back