Cooling in heat wave

92TBurnSC said:
How do you personally control the fan speed, though?

Here is one way checkout www.dccontrol.com
(connected to low speed fan, and connect LS wire for the A/C line activation to the dccontrol (the blue wire), and the battery)
and use a relay to switch off low fan speed when high speed fan comes on.

Just another alternative, I have a 180 degree t-stat, & my chip is burned to turn the fan on at 180. My needle stays to the left of the N. Even with the heat index well over 100 here in Virginia.

Man, this could solve alot of heating issues with our cars. First off, i propose for this to go on the FAQ section. Secondly, and to make this more accurate....can you guys with the taurus fan post the Part number of the fan to make sure we get the correct one. And also,a couple of you mentioned that the motor was removed from the taurus shroud and mounted on the original SC shrould....is this a direct bolt on? Meaning, no re-drilling on the SC shrould? Thanx guys

Mine was doing the same thing, and i put in a new 172 degrease thermastat. Now it runs always just over the O in NORM

mcate said:
Just another alternative, I have a 180 degree t-stat, & my chip is burned to turn the fan on at 180. My needle stays to the left of the N. Even with the heat index well over 100 here in Virginia.
How did you do this and what did it cost?

CaifanSC said:
Man, this could solve alot of heating issues with our cars. First off, i propose for this to go on the FAQ section. Secondly, and to make this more accurate....can you guys with the taurus fan post the Part number of the fan to make sure we get the correct one. And also,a couple of you mentioned that the motor was removed from the taurus shroud and mounted on the original SC shrould....is this a direct bolt on? Meaning, no re-drilling on the SC shrould? Thanx guys

Can anybody post that part number :D . I should be heading to the junk yard this week so I wanna pick one up and i want to make sure its the right one. Thanx!

its that time of year.......

Originally Posted by mcate

92TBurnSC said:
How did you do this and what did it cost?

anybody near WA/OR do this?
I am putting in a 180 w/HG repacement+new Heads....
Somebody said not getting a tune will make things HOTTER by just putting in a cooler stat.
thanks,

paul

NEVERMIND, I just went here for info: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63644&highlight=180+stat

Last edited:
Back