Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Billet parts

Billet parts

I have posted a few items in the past for Heartland fab on pulleys and other parts as well. Heartland is no longer making any billet parts for the SC. I am planning to now continue with several of the parts and would like to begin with a survey on a few group buys. The survey is at www.trumanlake.com/billet and I would appreciate it if anyone was interested to simply fill in a quantity of any of the 3 parts listed that they might want. This survey is only to verify interest in the parts listed. I will begin making the parts as soon as we have a large enough group to make a minimum buy. In the future they will be on the shelf items available in small quantities.

If you have any questions please let me know at training@trumanlake.com

Mike

Mike,

Welcome back!! I went to each one of the three and placed a "1" in each box and hit "Submit" and up comes "page not found". I tried it a few times but the same... Page not found comes up. Not sure if it's just me or if others are having the same problem, but thought I should let you know.

Good Luck on All this Mike!!

Thank You!
    Jeff B.

page not found

When I posted the survey I put it up before I loaded the redirect page and so it gave a page not found reply.

That should be fixed now. Thanks for the reply as that will help me to know where to start with the parts. I am glad to be back with the group.

Mike

Welcome back Mike! Drop me an email sometime so that we can catch up.

Do you plan to make the SC Shootout?

Well, I voted for the sill plates. But would it be possible to leave the "SC" off of them for my set? They would be going on my 90 XR7.

-Rod

Quote Originally Posted by racecougar
    Well, I voted for the sill plates. But would it be possible to leave the "SC" off of them for my set? They would be going on my 90 XR7.

-Rod
    Oh sure, trying to be difficult
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt K
    Oh sure, trying to be difficult
    You know it.

-Rod

I also voted for sill plates. I think they will look really sharp!!

Thomas

how about making more P/S pullies? I know the design before had issues, maybe try something different. I got a good and simple design in mind with a press on hub, but the pulley will bolt to that instead. Its something I could model up and have a proto-type made if anyone is interested.

text

I can leave the sc off of it and add xr7 or leave it blank. the space provided can say anything.

There will be a variation of what is available soon so any ideas you have are welcome. I hope to have enough information by the middle of August that I can get some idea of what you all will want.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by racecougar

-Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas A
    I also voted for sill plates. I think they will look really sharp!!

Thomas
    Thanks for the comments and one of the issues so far is the length of the sillplate. It appears to not be the same for all SC's and not sure for the Lincoln and Cougar even though they seem similar.

Mike

That sounds great, Mike.

-Rod

Quote Originally Posted by fastsc92
    how about making more P/S pullies? I know the design before had issues, maybe try something different. I got a good and simple design in mind with a press on hub, but the pulley will bolt to that instead. Its something I could model up and have a proto-type made if anyone is interested.

The pulleys had a minor but noticable impact on useability. Some worked but some did not. To me this means a minor problem even though it was major to those who it did not work for. I really think the problem was in tolerance and not design even though I personally do not like the mounting design. A bolt on or pin design of some sort seems in order to me just for the fact that spinning parts are harder to handle that stationary parts. The real problem to me is the hub mounting design of the previous parts made. The hub tolerance seemed to be inconsistant with pump shaft size. Also Mike says it was a tapered arbor which I can find no data to back up the taper theory. I feel it is a press fit which takes other tolerance values. I do not have any figures on the mis-alignment of pulley ribs and what is too far out of tolerance to accept for a useable situation.

I would like to talk about this further but actually I feel I can still build a full set of custom pulleys for the front of the SC reducing HP requirements and adding to the asthetics of the engine.

Mike

definately interested in the sill plates

Hey Mike Im glad to hear from you again. If there are any other parts you are going to need that are not SC specific, I have a LX out back of the house that I am pulling parts on now. I also would like to get with you because I still want a quick change set for the blower. Glad to see you found someone to help out on this.

Chris