Billet parts

products

I have posted a few items in the past for Heartland fab on pulleys and other parts as well. Heartland is no longer making any billet parts for the SC. I am planning to now continue with several of the parts and would like to begin with a survey on a few group buys. The survey is at www.trumanlake.com/billet and I would appreciate it if anyone was interested to simply fill in a quantity of any of the 3 parts listed that they might want. This survey is only to verify interest in the parts listed. I will begin making the parts as soon as we have a large enough group to make a minimum buy. In the future they will be on the shelf items available in small quantities.

If you have any questions please let me know at training@trumanlake.com

Mike

Mike,

Welcome back!! I went to each one of the three and placed a "1" in each box and hit "Submit" and up comes "page not found". I tried it a few times but the same... Page not found comes up. Not sure if it's just me or if others are having the same problem, but thought I should let you know.

Good Luck on All this Mike!!

Thank You!
Jeff B.

page not found

When I posted the survey I put it up before I loaded the redirect page and so it gave a page not found reply.

That should be fixed now. Thanks for the reply as that will help me to know where to start with the parts. I am glad to be back with the group.

Mike

Welcome back Mike! Drop me an email sometime so that we can catch up.

Do you plan to make the SC Shootout?

Well, I voted for the sill plates. But would it be possible to leave the "SC" off of them for my set? They would be going on my 90 XR7.

-Rod

racecougar said:
Well, I voted for the sill plates. But would it be possible to leave the "SC" off of them for my set? They would be going on my 90 XR7.

-Rod
Oh sure, trying to be difficult :p :D

how about making more P/S pullies? I know the design before had issues, maybe try something different. I got a good and simple design in mind with a press on hub, but the pulley will bolt to that instead. Its something I could model up and have a proto-type made if anyone is interested.

text

I can leave the sc off of it and add xr7 or leave it blank. the space provided can say anything.

There will be a variation of what is available soon so any ideas you have are welcome. I hope to have enough information by the middle of August that I can get some idea of what you all will want.

Mike

racecougar said:

-Rod

Thomas A said:
I also voted for sill plates. I think they will look really sharp!!

Thomas

Thanks for the comments and one of the issues so far is the length of the sillplate. It appears to not be the same for all SC's and not sure for the Lincoln and Cougar even though they seem similar.

Mike

fastsc92 said:
how about making more P/S pullies? I know the design before had issues, maybe try something different. I got a good and simple design in mind with a press on hub, but the pulley will bolt to that instead. Its something I could model up and have a proto-type made if anyone is interested.

The pulleys had a minor but noticable impact on useability. Some worked but some did not. To me this means a minor problem even though it was major to those who it did not work for. I really think the problem was in tolerance and not design even though I personally do not like the mounting design. A bolt on or pin design of some sort seems in order to me just for the fact that spinning parts are harder to handle that stationary parts. The real problem to me is the hub mounting design of the previous parts made. The hub tolerance seemed to be inconsistant with pump shaft size. Also Mike says it was a tapered arbor which I can find no data to back up the taper theory. I feel it is a press fit which takes other tolerance values. I do not have any figures on the mis-alignment of pulley ribs and what is too far out of tolerance to accept for a useable situation.

I would like to talk about this further but actually I feel I can still build a full set of custom pulleys for the front of the SC reducing HP requirements and adding to the asthetics of the engine.

Mike

Hey Mike Im glad to hear from you again. If there are any other parts you are going to need that are not SC specific, I have a LX out back of the house that I am pulling parts on now. I also would like to get with you because I still want a quick change set for the blower. Glad to see you found someone to help out on this.

Chris

seawalkersee said:
Hey Mike Im glad to hear from you again. If there are any other parts you are going to need that are not SC specific, I have a LX out back of the house that I am pulling parts on now. I also would like to get with you because I still want a quick change set for the blower. Glad to see you found someone to help out on this.

Chris

Pretty much all I am doing right now is gearing up for the parts that I had thought we would be making earlier this spring. Now with the ability to hold tolerance on parts they should be consistant and with few problems. I would like to say no problems but almost no problems might be more realistic. At any rate I am working on this every day so we can get back on track. I would like to have a good display of parts including the pulleys in October in Oklahoma.

Good to hear from you again.

Mike

seawalkersee said:

Chris

As far as the LX I think most of the parts I will make should interchange with the only change being the letters or logos. Once I have the parts I can probably customize them easily for SC's or LX and by laser engraving logos and names the cost will go down and be a higher class of work. I had a request for a console shifter cover and I do not have one of those but I will get the parts I have now finished before I begin any more. I have had a good response to the survey and I will do the same for any new parts I make.

I have worked up few pics and will be adding them to the site today for more opinions.

Mike

products said:
As far as the LX I think most of the parts I will make should interchange with the only change being the letters or logos. Once I have the parts I can probably customize them easily for SC's or LX and by laser engraving logos and names the cost will go down and be a higher class of work. I had a request for a console shifter cover and I do not have one of those but I will get the parts I have now finished before I begin any more. I have had a good response to the survey and I will do the same for any new parts I make.

I have worked up few pics and will be adding them to the site today for more opinions.

Mike
Describe this console cover. I have an 89 console you can use. I dont know what "cover" they want though. Just lemme know and Ill get with you.

Chris

seawalkersee said:
Describe this console cover. I have an 89 console you can use. I dont know what "cover" they want though. Just lemme know and Ill get with you.

Chris

I actually do not know for sure at this point what was in mind exactly but I asked the person who request it to send me a pic. I have not got the pic yet but I am assuming that there is a bolt on plate of some sort which surrounds the shifter in the center console. I have seen them for mustangs and camaros and I think they would be easy enough to make once I have the pattern. I will get back with you as soon as I find out what it is exactly.

Mike

Tensioner Pulleys

I hate to change the subject of the thread, but what happened to the tensioner pulleys? Were there a problem with them as well? I went to the site to purchase one of the last "12 or so" sets, and have not seen any sign of them. LMK ASAP PLS. *wonderin how many other acronyms I can some up with*

Thanks.

James E.
AdrenalineTuning@excite.com

Back