347 turbo SC progess pics

should be able to do...

Kurt K said:
I don't know how it will even be possible to run dual 3" through the gas tank....if you had a fuel cell, I'd say no problem.
I picked up a car that someone ran a pair of 2 1/2's down the center. They were down a bit lower than stock, but they did it. There was even a cross over pipe in the system. this being said, they just have to drop the system down and go for it...
Now if it was for myself, I would just drop it in front and have more fun. There were those two mustangs on the dyno at Steig's place and they both dropped out the front. Both of them were quiet , or at least quieter than some of the S.C.'s that night.........Rich

Damn thats a nice intercooler you have there David. I cant wait to see this thing in person when its all finished.

Shane

Re

Dave, yes it is the Art Carr I got Last year it has the solid one
piece shaft the outer is a stator shaft. The convertor is shot,
the good new they are sending me a new convertor at no charge.

The Lentech have a 34 or 36 spline hardened shaft verse a 31 spline
like Art Carrs. Also less expensive convertors come with a aluminum
hub in the convertor the Lentechs come with a Hardened steel hub.

Chris

Blown347 said:
Dave, yes it is the Art Carr I got Last year it has the solid one
piece shaft the outer is a stator shaft. The convertor is shot,
the good new they are sending me a new convertor at no charge.

The Lentech have a 34 or 36 spline hardened shaft verse a 31 spline
like Art Carrs. Also less expensive convertors come with a aluminum
hub in the convertor the Lentechs come with a Hardened steel hub.

Chris

Chris,

Are you going to have your car back together in time for the Shootout ?

David

David Neibert said:
Chris,

Are you going to have your car back together in time for the Shootout ?

David

The only thing holding me backnow is the A Arms and I talked to Anthony
at AJE today and he's building new ones for me this week.
Other then that car runs awsome and should not have any problems
making the shootout.

Just trying to decide if I feel Lucky. Lucky enough to put a bigger spring
in for the shootout and make it home. I have 5.5 lb in now

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 61
Blown347 said:
The only thing holding me backnow is the A Arms and I talked to Anthony
at AJE today and he's building new ones for me this week.
Other then that car runs awsome and should not have any problems
making the shootout.

Just trying to decide if I feel Lucky. Lucky enough to put a bigger spring
in for the shootout and make it home. I have 5.5 lb in now

Can't you just turn up the boost controller or do you actually have to change the wastegate spring. I thought the spring was for the minimum boost setting.

David

re

David Neibert said:
Can't you just turn up the boost controller or do you actually have to change the wastegate spring. I thought the spring was for the minimum boost setting.

David

True.
I talked to Turbosmart about that and they said it's good for a 5 psi gain cause vacume can only pull it open so far. I can only get 8 psi max out of mine. So Im thinking of either switching to another controller or putting a 10 lb spring in.

More pictures

Here are a few more pictures....the wastegate is huge.

David

Attachments

• driversheader.jpg
    driversheader.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 407
  • passengerheader.jpg
    passengerheader.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 401
  • headonofkit.jpg
    headonofkit.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 412
Dave I was down there today pipes are all coated everthing looks great. They are going to put it together over the weekend,
all they have to do is the cold side.

You'll be driving it soon.

Chris

Blown347 said:
Dave I was down there today pipes are all coated everthing looks great. They are going to put it together over the weekend,
all they have to do is the cold side.

You'll be driving it soon.

Chris

Chris,

That's great news....Jon has promised it will be ready to pick up on the 10th and I'm scheduled to be at Dave's on the 11th & 12th for the alky injection install and tuning. If everything goes right, it just might be ready for the Shootout.

Meanwhile I've been working on plan B just in case it isn't. My 91 has now got an MPIII, Kirban FPR, new billet cam (more lift less duration) and I'm finishing up the Snow alky injection system today. Dave is supposed to be in town Monday or Tuesday and he will be dyno tuning it with an SCT chip, so I can ditch this Diablo flip chip I've got in the car now.

David

PS: How are the repairs to your car coming along ?

David Neibert said:
That's great news....Jon has promised it will be ready to pick up on the 10th and I'm scheduled to be at Dave's on the 11th & 12th for the alky injection install and tuning. If everything goes right, it just might be ready for the Shootout.

David I may be up there at Dave's place that same weekend to drop off Gary Kuhn's trailer after I bring his car home to my place.

Shane

quick35th said:
David I may be up there at Dave's place that same weekend to drop off Gary Kuhn's trailer after I bring his car home to my place.

Shane
Shane,
Did you buy Gary's SC?
Later
Ken
PS sorry to hijack the thread

Shane, if you're going to head out this way, reach out for me.. . We can meet up at Gary's & grab something to eat or make him hit the Grill! I'll either have a MagIII or Whipple in there. One of them .. But either way it's fun to cruise & haven't had anywhere to go, so it'll be good to stretch it's legs.

Anthony

Anthony, that sounds like an excellent idea. I'll let you know when I am coming to town so we can get together. Maybe we could put together a little mini meet.

Shane

SilverCasket said:
Shane, if you're going to head out this way, reach out for me.. . We can meet up at Gary's & grab something to eat or make him hit the Grill! I'll either have a MagIII or Whipple in there. One of them .. But either way it's fun to cruise & haven't had anywhere to go, so it'll be good to stretch it's legs.

Anthony
Anthony,
What did you forget about me???????? I am only 10 minutes from Gary's.
Let me know what is going on......you have my number.
Later
Ken

Is there anyone else close by that we could get together with and maybe have a little BBQ or something. Maybe I can drag Dalke out there with me. He is pretty good at getting a fire started ;)

Shane

Gary, Ken, You & I should be cool ... Don't want to pack up Kuhn's house with SCer's when he ISN'T One Anymore! :p

Anthony

ps- Sorry Dave. We HiJacked your thread! Now Back To Turbo's! ... PM me a day or two before you come Shane

Last edited:
Thats fine. I'll give you a call for sure Anthony.

Shane

EDIT: Yeah sorry too David for stealing your thread.

Back