Whose name rhymes with crack?
What has a CID of 402?
What has a intake of 2.02?
What has a exhaust of 1.60?
What makes 505 HP on pump fuel?

Did ya give up yet? Did ya get it?

There is a reason for this post...........to come shortly :D :D

The crack part is throwing me off...

I think, I know but the crack is throwing me off also. Remember we are SC owners have to keep it simple... :D :D ,,,

unclenick said:
What goes like this:

What has a CID of 402?

Is it of a Chevy lineage?

unclenick said:
What goes like this:

What has a CID of 402?

Could it be a "Maverack"? :D

LOL, you guys stink!

The "Crack" rhymes with........think NASCAR.....

also is associated with Mustang Packages from dealer.....

Always wears a hat..................................................

Man, I cannot give any more clues on this without telling ya all what is happening to the 89 Bird!

I'll give ya all day to think about it and I post the answer tonight!

So...you got a motor from the "Cat In The Hat" huh...now I'm really jealous....I'm going to buy that red 5.0 LX now.. :mad:

Mark Martin Rulez!!!!!!! :eek:

Attachments

• roush.jpg
    roush.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Crack rhymes with Roush about as good as Chevy rhymes with Ford..... :D

Cat In The Hat kind of rhymes crack

But that would break my mothers back.

Lets try to get things back on track

As for any more ideas, I lack!!!

(Yawn)........Huh......What?

Oh those little white pills.......

Those are "Mother's Little Helpers"...... ;)

Jack Roush, "Cat in the Hat"

Rick, ya got it!

Yep, ordered a 402R Roush Engine(351 stroked/bored) last night! Eight weeks from now, she'll be at my door! Then we got alot of work to do Lucy! :eek:

I figure by January she'll be ready to rock and roll! :D

Roush is just up the street from here.....

I can take some pictures while it is in the process of being built, if you want..... :D

Or maybe I can deliver it to your door.....

I need another reason to go to Florida..... :D

Well, got off the phone with Roush in Michigan and it looks like we might have a problem with the SC ft crossmember and the oil pan. The engine has to have the 8 qt pan. I told them let me look into how or what might fit under the ft end. The Roush oil pan is HUGE and has a ft mount drop.

Here is a pic of the engine:

402R.jpg

I'm going to look into the mustang ft crossmember, but I might have to downsize in engine size. Roush is not sure a 402 is going to fit between the strut towers. These guys are a class act, the'll take the time to talk to you, look up specs for clearances, ect. Just awsome to work with. It is well worth the $$$$$$$$ if it is going to fit and work.

I do not want to"hack" away at the ft crossmember nor the fenderwells, I want it to look bone stock from the outside except for the cowl hood, ok maybe it might sound a little worked too :D

If I cannot do the 402R motor, I might have to do the 342R which is a bored/stroked 302 motor, but the issue is again the freaking oil pan.

The guy I talked to at Roush said he would give me a call back tomorrow after talking to the engineering department about options for oil pans and crossmembers.

I am afraid this might get too expensive, real fast. I sent them a deposit on the engine today and the rest is COD, but it is refundable.

Ok santee clause.... :D .....where's mine!

Will the front member off a 5.0 LX bird work???

Last edited:
O' Man that blew by me at 40,000 ft......:D :D Nice motor...... Looks like it's worth about 6 or 8 Super Coupes... :D :D That thing is really going to rock if it all comes together. Keep us up to date..

Nick, Have you figured out what is going to fit yet? I would think you could fit the 402R in somehow, maybe a diff oil pan setup?

Flip said:
Nick, Have you figured out what is going to fit yet? I would think you could fit the 402R in somehow, maybe a diff oil pan setup?

It is going to be too much of a pain in the a$$. I am selling the 89 as a rolling shell. I have it listed here on the board, if it does not sell to someone here, e-bay it goes. I would rather it go to someone whom will take of it and put it back together. I am just getting tired of these cars bro. One is enough for me.

That's a shame, you really made it a nice SC since you bought it. They do get to be a bit much sometimes. Our 89 is that way everything I do to it is a pain. The 93 is easy.... I wonder sometimes if it knows that I kept it from being parted and gave it a new life. :D :D :D Maybe it wanted the yard. :eek:

Good luck with the sale.
(Man I really wanted to touch that new motor) :D

Back