Stupid, but need to know poll

If you had to buy it, Evo VIII or C6 Vette

• The C6

Votes: 111 81.6%
  • The Evo VIII

Votes: 25 18.4%

• Total voters
evo!

not my type of car but the EVO have 4 doore make a better daily and winter fun!!! and about american market welll still have the SC mustang capri and a f-250

American made parts content:
  • Ford Econoline 95%
  • Lincoln Mark LT 80%
  • Cadillac CTS 80%
  • Pontiac Solstice 80%
  • Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac XLR 80%
  • Chevrolet Malibu, Pontiac G6 80%
  • Cadillac SRX 80%
  • Dodge Caravan – SWB 80%
  • Toyota Camry 80%
  • Toyota Tundra 80%
  • Dodge Durango 79%
  • Dodge Stratus 78%
  • Mitsubishi Raider (Dodge) 78%
  • Dodge Dakota 77%
  • Chrysler Sebring 77%
  • Jeep Commander 76%
  • Mercury Montego 75%
  • Chevrolet Uplander, Pontiac Montana SV6, Saturn Relay 75%
  • Chevrolet Cobalt 75%
  • Honda Ridgeline 75%
  • Honda Pilot 75%
  • Toyota Avalon 75%
  • Toyota Corolla 75%

Imports...
MAKE/MODEL || ASSEMBLY || PARTS || STATUS
  • Jeep Liberty USA 74% IMPORT
  • Dodge Ram USA 74% IMPORT
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee USA 73% IMPORT
  • Lincoln Navigator USA 70% IMPORT
  • Dodge Caliber USA 70% IMPORT
  • Toyota Tacoma USA 70% IMPORT
  • Honda Accord USA 70% IMPORT
  • Honda Civic USA 70% IMPORT
  • Honda Odyssey USA 70% IMPORT
  • Chevy Impala CANADA 92% IMPORT
Domestics...
MAKE/MODEL || ASSEMBLY || PARTS || STATUS
  • Toyota Sienna USA 85% DOMESTIC
  • Toyota Camry USA 80% DOMESTIC
  • Toyota Tundra USA 80% DOMESTIC
  • Honda Ridgeline USA 75% DOMESTIC
  • Honda Pilot USA 75% DOMESTIC
  • Toyota Avalon USA 75% DOMESTIC
  • Toyota Corolla USA 75% DOMESTIC

And so???? This isn't news but I still buy domestic.. even thought I know these others are built in the U.S. and employ a bunch of folks. Why? I'm not sure but it just feels right to me. I also spent 7 years in the military defending this counrty from 65-72 so go figure..........Dan

Just to add to that..If the Toyota (or whatever import) plant wasnt there because noone bought Toyotas (or whatever).....Then more american cars would be sold...Thus shifting the jobs in that direction

I would take the vette I would walk anywhere I need to before I bought an import. I say buy American or move to japan

I would take the vette I would walk anywhere I need to before I bought an import. I say buy American or move to japan

My Dad had the same views until he found out in 02 that his new Avalanche was built in mexico "Chevy...it runs deep" yea deep into mexico:rolleyes: I buy a car based on the car, not who built it unless they are known to build bad cars. If martians came and offered a better-to-me product guess what I would buy. Im all for buying American, but Im not for spending my money on this when that suits me better.

You can call me a sell out all you want:( but I tell you this, Ill stay true to myself till the day I die:D

I find it hard to belive that if all of the people making similar statments hit the lotto for 300mil take home that the ONLY cars in their driveway would be American made. Would your house only contain bricks lumber and nails from the USA. I bet half of you people have never been to your local produce stand or a city hall meeting, you cant stay true to your local community but you look down your nose at Americans that buy foriegn, kinda hippocritical if you ask me.

Back to the tread point, Id take the C6 all day. Looks better , sounds better, plays better. And you wont have people comming up asking for rides all over the place in a two seater, just keep your girl or child with you and theres no room:cool:

Dad and Grandad worked for FMC for years. Dad got layed off in the 70's simply because his job was putting steering columns in LTD's, and the big car market was dead. Grandpa was high up enough were he kept his job and eventually retired from ford. It's why we are a ford family.
Never Cared for Corvettes, however they could eat literally everything I have alive :eek:
I was the whole "buy american" thing untill I started modding a friends little "rice Burner". It's an '89 240sx. Ka24e single cam. We turbo'd it, and the stock 200,000 mile motor has been running on 6 psi for 5 months now. And taken the abuse of a 17 year old driver.
We are building up another motor for it. It's a ka24de dual cam motor. We got rods and pistons, main studs, and are currently building up the top end and trying to figure out fuel management. But I gotta admit, for the 4 cylinders it has when we are done each one is going to be making around 105 hp. I just can't beleive that. over 400 hp on a 2.4 liter motor. It's crazy.

Back