G-tech perf meters. Are they accurate?

ZRS90sc

Has anybody had any experience with these? are they as good as advertised? A friend has one and it seems to be accurate on his ricer.

They are the new one is much better than the old single axis one as it compensates for angle.

Jeff

i have used one....cant say much for hp & tq #s but when i took it to the track it was only off by an average of .2 and this is with a guestimate as to how much my car weighs.... with the accurate weight and settings it works suprisingly well

The old ones are only as accurate as the info you plug into them. the other problem is that since they are not 3 axis how you level them makes a big difference.

trife86 said:
http://www.gtechpro.com/

the SS model looks preety good, i wonder how the rpm thing works that it can tell you your rpm, any one know anything about this?

I have a radar detector that reads your RPMs some how, when the rpms drop below a certain range, its mutes it self, i always wondered how it worked, it also works on diesels to. Its over my head

I have one, it's not accurate at all. I have the pro SS the one that you see on the website there.

I bogged a launch and ran a 13.6 and the thing said I ran like a 13.1. Another time I ran a 13.2, it said 12.9.

/shrug

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
I have a radar detector that reads your RPMs some how, when the rpms drop below a certain range, its mutes it self, i always wondered how it worked, it also works on diesels to. Its over my head

Most work on the alternator ripple that is always present.

Jeff

68COUGAR said:
That sounds intereting. What brand / model is it?

Curious 68COUGAR

I have a Cobra unit with the RPM thing, I could never figure out how to set it but its supposed to be on there, the unit is about 1.5 years old

I have the Gtech Comp Pro and its seems to be pretty close, when I have used it at the track it was off by a tenth or 2. The speeds were about 2-3 mph too fast.

Back