DIS screw information needed

7birdslater

I just put a used DIS module on my SC (didnt come with a DIS on it) and got it to run. I had to use some non-proper screws, as I dont have any good ones with that same thread and the ones I do have are alluminum and dont ground it out like it should. Anybody know the thread count of these so I can go buy some new ones? Also, This thing has to ground out via these screws right? Or does it get its ground through the heat sink goo? It ran pretty good one day, I shut it off, and now it refuses to start after lots of cranking. Thanks. John.

Same as MAF screws,thanks

Same as MAF screws, put in a new solonoid, and now I see that the shift light is on when cranking. Sounds like crank sensor time to me.

the top right and bottom right screw holes handle the ground.

CRank and crank with no start, sounds like a crank signal. If an auto, does the upshift light flash when the engine is cranking?

Yeah, I typed that up from the manual for my 1989 T-bird SC and posted it there.

It's pretty much the same for 89 through 1992.

Cool.

I guess the SC world is a small one. Now I have to use my four wheeler to pull the car from my sun soaked 104 degree back yard to my shady 100 degree carport for the job. At least now I have air tools. Thanks for the good article!

Back