Car doesnt shut off completely....HELP!

Dahoopd

For some damn reason I have to always ask the dumb questions...but thats because my car is always doing dumb **** to tick me off. Can someone check to see if their bird does the same. I am most certain it doesnt.

When I shut the car off and immediately turn the key on (as if I were doing a KOEO test) the car starts running again. Other cars (not t-birds) dont do this. Could this be the cables causing this. Please help. Even if you guess, please reply with something so I dont pull my freaking hair out any longer.

I love this car, but the dumb **** that always happens that there are no answers for in the searcvh option or no one wants to help me out is killing me. Paleeze Help me.

Are you real quick on the key or what? If the engine hasn't stopped turning then it will keep running. I can do that on my Taurus, Lumina and El Camino and when I had my SC as well.

Jeff

No, I actually let it shut completely off before doing so. Sometimes it will restart and sometimes it makes the huff sound as if back firing through a carburator. I am going to take it to the dealer on monday and have them run the codes. The Actron is a POS and I want my car back to normal.

So how many seconds are you letting it the engine stop before you turn the key back on. It sounds normal I think you are not letting the eninge stop completly or are not giving a good description.

Jeff

Back