I hit the jackpot today :)

unclenick

Guys, your never gonna guess what I found at my local Ford dealership today. I called them looking for some NOS parts and they got me a NEW IN BAG, NOS 5 speed shift ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is not all. I had a customer come in today and he started taking cars and he mentioned he used to have a 93 SC! It gets better, then I showed him my two and then he states " Do you need a rear bumper cover?" . I ask him why, and this is what he said: " When I had my SC I bought a NOS rear bumper cover from Ford and never used it!" "I still have it in the unopened box from Ford!" Yep, virgin, new unused, unpainted, hit the mother load today. I asked him how much he wanted he said $250 then I himmed and hawed...and he is selling it to me for $200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love days like this!

unclenick said:
Guys, your never gonna guess what I found at my local Ford dealership today. I called them looking for some NOS parts and they got me a NEW IN BAG, NOS 5 speed shift ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is not all. I had a customer come in today and he started taking cars and he mentioned he used to have a 93 SC! It gets better, then I showed him my two and then he states " Do you need a rear bumper cover?" . I ask him why, and this is what he said: " When I had my SC I bought a NOS rear bumper cover from Ford and never used it!" "I still have it in the unopened box from Ford!" Yep, virgin, new unused, unpainted, hit the mother load today. I asked him how much he wanted he said $250 then I himmed and hawed...and he is selling it to me for $200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love days like this!

Very Cool, what did you pay for the shift ball?? Want to know because I just bought one from Greens Parts. Very Nice buy the rear cover. How's the SC running?

Flip said:
Very Cool, what did you pay for the shift ball?? Want to know because I just bought one from Greens Parts. Very Nice buy the rear cover. How's the SC running?

$68 BUCKS for knob. It was luck on the cover, man I almost ~~~~ when he told me he had one new in a box!

The 35th is running good, I really have not driven it much since the other night. I was waiting on the interior (which is almost done, it looks awsome). I went to the upholstery shop today and the rear seat bottom is done the upper rear seat is done and the two ft seats should be done tomorrow. I am going to bring camera to work tomorrow for the install pics of the interior! :)

I do not like the crappy exhaust the car has on it. Think I am going to try and find a Borla or something with a really nice sound. Right now it has one cat and no mufflers at all. Sounds really annoying above 3000 rpm.

I installed a new PS pump as the one was leaking and I had one IC tube leak which is now fixed too. I am doing a little each day so I don't get burned out :)

Flip, if you know where I can get a Borla, let me know.

unclenick said:
$68 BUCKS for knob. It was luck on the cover, man I almost ~~~~ when he told me he had one new in a box!

The 35th is running good, I really have not driven it much since the other night. I was waiting on the interior (which is almost done, it looks awsome). I went to the upholstery shop today and the rear seat bottom is done the upper rear seat is done and the two ft seats should be done tomorrow. I am going to bring camera to work tomorrow for the install pics of the interior! :)

I do not like the crappy exhaust the car has on it. Think I am going to try and find a Borla or something with a really nice sound. Right now it has one cat and no mufflers at all. Sounds really annoying above 3000 rpm.

I installed a new PS pump as the one was leaking and I had one IC tube leak which is now fixed too. I am doing a little each day so I don't get burned out :)

Flip, if you know where I can get a Borla, let me know.

Good buy, I paid $75 for mine. They had four in stock, three were $75 and the last was $100, they all sold within 15 min. No idea on the Borla, but I will keep my ears open. (Nothing like a brand new Knob in your hand)

Flip said:
Good buy, I paid $75 for mine. They had four in stock, three were $75 and the last was $100, they all sold within 15 min. No idea on the Borla, but I will keep my ears open. (Nothing like a brand new Knob in your hand)

I know, it feels like a new car just by putting a new knob on ...LOL Simple joys in life :)

Oh yea, I got this coming too to install:

attachment.php

Gonna look good when I'm done, for sure :)

Flip said:

Hi Flip and Nick, Yep I boght the other two.The last one was for a good friend right before the All Ford Show in Ocala his was torn.Greg owns now....I left mine in the boxes and using a real silmilar one exatly like it. I got for $45.00 Saving it for the New SC. Flip I spoke with the The guys at club. Had a real nice talk. I'm hoping to make the Poker run. Nick the 35th car is looking sweet. I need to talk with you soon. I'll come by the shop anyday. Need to pick up a few things. Hope Rene and the Babies are well....Tell them uncle Victor sends his love....
See ya!

It is more than likely the normal 5-speed shift knob. The fat one that SC's came with... I much preferred an aftermarket knob to the stocker, myself.

I didnt know he was refurbishing it. I was confused because of the NOS thing. I thought it was a knob with a button for...well NOS.

Chris

unclenick said:

I know, it feels like a new car just by putting a new knob on ...LOL Simple joys in life :)

Oh yea, I got this coming too to install:

attachment.php

Gonna look good when I'm done, for sure :)

I cant wait to see it. I picked up another 2 SC's I think you will like em. I like the cluster where did you get it. We got to talk soon........
See you soon. I been taking some treatments twice week they really

F%^& me up bad. :eek: :confused: :p
I hope to stop by soon, Not much strenth... I see real clear now! Well I'll see ya. I also hit the Jack pot with another 35th. Awesome car...Then I Picked up Beedogs SC restoring it... Quick!!! Nice engine with a nice cam with a Mag-3 it will run in the 12's I'm Opening a SC Museum. :p :) :rolleyes:
Victor and Diane
Need a cam and some nice heads? stage 1, 2, or the Big boy #3 SS valves awesome..........Call sometime if you feel like it.

Last edited:
victor malvar said:
I cant wait to see it. I picked up another 2 SC's I think you will like em. I like the cluster where did you get it. We got to talk soon........
See you soon. I been taking some treatments twice week they really

F%^& me up bad. :eek: :confused: :p
I hope to stop by soon, Not much strenth... I see real clear now! Well I'll see ya. I also hit the Jack pot with another 35th. Awesome car...Then I Picked up Beedogs SC restoring it... Quick!!! Nice engine with a nice cam with a Mag-3 it will run in the 12's I'm Opening a SC Museum. :p :) :rolleyes:
Victor and Diane
Need a cam and some nice heads? stage 1, 2, or the Big boy #3 SS valves awesome..........Call sometime if you feel like it.

Glad your feeling at least a little better Victor...let me know if you get any TB ones you wanna get rid of... :D

This was meat for Uncle Nick but I'm glad you answered for him and yourself!

Sweet90SC said:
Glad your feeling at least a little better Victor...let me know if you get any TB ones you wanna get rid of... :D

let me know if you get any TB ones you wanna get rid of... :confused:

Hi Rick, I heard or read you got yourself a truck or have you had it for awhile? No I'm not selling any right now. At least not mine. Besides I want to hold on to them until I have them in the condition I have dreamed of them to be and I bilieve they will be worth some $$$ in about 5 years or so, It's a good collection. I thought you meant (TB) thottle bodies. If you see Nick tell him I said hello or I'm sure you will be talkking to the Uncle soon. I know he is busy putting that 35th together. Good for him. What kind of work do you do with the truck? maybe I can use your services depending on prices.... I need to haul two engines and a SC about 50 miles. We need to do pick ups and some deliveries from time to time. Ill see you at the SVToA event. Got to go to sleep.
www.spinningwheels-sc.com
Victor and Diane

I got the truck to do just that Victor.... hauling...I have my surgery comming up this Thursday..so if they don't cripple me for life I should be out and about soon enough.... :D

Last edited:
Back