Votes: 16 5.3%

Votes: 28 9.3%

Votes: 25 8.3%

Votes: 39 12.9%

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • 22 or over

Votes: 102 33.8%

• Total voters
When I had stock 3.27 gears and a lock-up convertor I did see 28 mpg on a trip once. As it is now, I'm happy with my 15 mpg and mid-12 second timeslips :)

To think I was ticked off recently when I got 23 mpg! I used to get 26-27 but I need to do some things (o2 sensor, fuel filter). Guess I will quit cussing at my car!

I'm out on the highway all the time where the car gets 24-26 mpg. I don't do enough in-town driving to notice a difference.

Ken Seegers said:
On the highway with nonlockup converter, I can get 24 cruising at 85mph. City driving is close to 17.
Ken
Yeah, and if you finally installed some 3.73's, maybe you'd be in the 13's :p

I calculated mine last time, and it came out to 25mpg. Not bad, but i'd like to see if i can bump that up to 30mpg.. :rolleyes: Yeah right, i'll keep on dreaming...
:D

If you swap in a pumpkin with 2.73's into a mostly stock AOD car with a lockup convertor and cruise around 70 to 75 mph you will see around 30 mpg on the highway. Of course you will lose acceleration.

Gas economy / mileage

I logged the gas economy of my SC over the course of a few months, until it broke. This was on a stock '93 with 120k.

My average trip is a semi rural 15 minute drive, a few stops along the way. This results in a consistant 18+ mpg. On the highway, I would average between 24 to 28 mpg. The most I ever had was 32 mpg on my 2 hour trip back after purchasing the vehicle, 3 years and 30k ago.

I believe the MPG rating for these cars is 18 city 22 highway. It seems most fall within this range from what I've seen. Intake and exhaust Modifications to enhance airflow are said to improve mileage further.

Kevin

Wow

I guess I'm one of the lucky few then. I am getting 30+ at cruise of about 80 - 85 MPH. In town, IF I can keep my foot out of it, :p I get around 23, but then again I've got a manual trans and no real mods.

Whenever I had a stock fuel setup, except for the pump, I was getting about 25MPG all around.

Now i'm getting about 15MPG with 42#ers without a tune. I'm sure it will go back to normal after a tune.

The lowest for mine was 2.5 mpg.And no thats not a mis-type..

I didn't think it was possible for a 3.8 with stock motor to get
that bad of milage with out a gas leak.
But that what I got after a tune one time.
Didn't foul the plugs, just black smoke
out the tail pipes when I would get on the throttle..:)

RANDY

wow

new fuel filter o2 sensors, mobile 1 oil, 91 octane plus the occasional 6 extra points per fill up, and air filter and i only get 15mpg? why was i cursed with a lead foot? and this car is my enabler

UPDATE I replaced my o2 sensor and fuel filter and cleaned out my K&N. Mileage was back up to 26.7 driving 70/30 Highway/City, WOOOHOOO :D .

i have a 17.5 mile drive to work, and it's all on back roads...

speed limit is around 35-45 the whole way, so i just chug my way there...and enjoy my 22 MPG... i'd have to take a trip on the freeway to see what kind of highway mileage i'm getting.

I get ~260 mile to the tank with no OD, but I never let it get to the point where the fuel light comes on. This is after new fuel filter, pump, new O2's, fresh oil change & cleaned the air filter.
What size gas tank do the SC's have?

Back