Votes: 16 5.3%

Votes: 28 9.3%

Votes: 25 8.3%

Votes: 39 12.9%

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • 22 or over

Votes: 102 33.8%

• Total voters
When my drag racer was stock it would get 29-30 cruising on the interstate at 75. Now that it's fully moded it gets about 22 cruising. My 35th gets about 25 when cruising and the CTS with it's 3.6 VVT V6 burning regular gas shows 34 mpg on the in dash display cruising at 75.

Mileage on 89 is great!!!

My 89 SC 5-speed gets 31.4 on my last trip. running about 73-4 mph with the cruise control on.
I'm certain the lack of cats, a 2 1/2" exhaust and a K&N filter on the intake probably has something to do with it. I bought it this way and I know that the gentleman that did the mods told me the mileage jumped dramatically with the exhaust system change. The K&N only seemed to help a little on mileage, but it seemed to help improve power.

My commute just recently changed from 40 miles (20 highway) to 25 miles (12 highway), and my mileage dropped a good bit. I was getting 21-22, now I am getting 17-19. I looked at the math of it, and it seems to contradict my real-world results. Maybe the terrain (up grades, etc.) has an effect. Oh well. On long trips, the mileage is a lot better - maybe 24-25.

I have had mine for a year and have yet to get 15. My last trip on the interstate I got 13mpg on the way there and 12.2 home.

Keeping it out of boost

By watching the boost gage and keeping the car out of boost, I've been able to squeeze 3-4 more MPG out of the car.

im not sure what my mpg is...really dont care, i dont buy/select my cars based on it.....it wouldn't really matter because I own a lead right foot:p

Unbelievable fuel mileage

Not sure if this is typical but I just took a 2800 mile journey to New Mexico about 3 months ago in my 1990 SC. I kept up with every stop I made for gas and wrote down mileage for everything. I know it was very precise because I filled up in one place and nearly ran out of gas when I was due for another fill up. As soon as I got home I took out all my data and started crunching numbers. So here are my findings. On the interstate in a stock 1990 SC with a manual transmission driving 70 to 75 miles an hour I was getting 35 miles to the gallon! I checked and double checked so I know I am right. From what I am seeing this is not typical.

Is possible...

Drummer,
Don't panic about the 'good mileage', these cars are really suseptible to octane ratings of the fuel.
On 93 mine pulls down 31-33 open road, on 91 it only gets 28-29. I only put 90 in it once because I was afraid I would have to push it if I didn't and the mileage dropped even more! I tried hard not to use the boost with the lower grade fuel, I only travelled about 80 miles and found a 'BP' with 93 and filled the remaining 3/4 tank with that. No idea what the mileage was, but the fuel gage dropped awfully fast for that short amount of driving!
Lance

Since I am in San Antonio now, highway city...im seeing 22+...not bad.

Stephen

My name is gerardo i live in san antonio,tx i also have a 90 super coupe, but i have brake issues. I dont know of anybody who is good at this brake problem maybe you could give me a hand with it or even try to look at it if you can when you have time . you can email me at gerardo.ramon@att.net

I was only getting around 15mpg at best on highway. Now I get around 23-24mpg on the highway. About 340rwhp, I have no complaints.

I've got a near mint 93,with 21k miles and K&N filter being the only "mod",....I get over 21 most of the time.

Back