Votes: 16 5.3%

Votes: 28 9.3%

Votes: 25 8.3%

Votes: 39 12.9%

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • 22 or over

Votes: 102 33.8%

• Total voters
90 AOD with CAI and 3:73's. i get 12.5 in town, and 20 driving to work (state highway with several small towns to slow down for, 60 miles there and back).

The previous owner of my SC figured it got about 20 MPG... But they weren't highway miles.

I have a window sticker to a 1990 SC that says 24 Mpg Highway.

My stockish mild bolt on five speed gets 28mpg average but i have seen 32mpg. My build aod car with gears stall 4.2 etc gets 13/14mpg at best babying it.

1994 auto with 160XXX miles..75mm throttlebody, 3in intake, 3 core aluminum radiator 42lb injectors and 73mm mafs,
i only got to drive it twice really with the mods on and i got if i remember correctly it was highway al the way and i got 370 something miles to the tank.
93oct milwaukee emissions gas.
and when i did nothing but city driving ( i drive lead foot in the city ) lol id get like 190-220 to the tank..

So I just did my first full refill of the tank since I bought my (stock) 90' last week and I got 18.3 mpg. That's ALL city, driving to school and back, running errands, etc. Not sure if that's good or not for all city.

I seem to get between 19 and 23 MPG depending on how much highway driving I do. Im hoping it can get at least 25 if I did nothing but highway driving. But even if it doesn't, its not the reason I bought this car. Seriously, the handling is great on our twisty country roads in Georgia; like it was designed specifically for the roads where I live.

So I just did my first full refill of the tank since I bought my (stock) 90' last week and I got 18.3 mpg. That's ALL city, driving to school and back, running errands, etc. Not sure if that's good or not for all city.

For all city and stock...it's not bad!!! Now you need to save a few pennies drop in a K&N intake filter and a Cat-Back exhaust system to free it up a little and power and gas mileage should go up!!! plus keep putting the 93 octane in it!!! You will be much happier with the way it runs!!!

My first 89 XR7 got 28 mpg regularly and was a 5 speed car. My current 90 with tired engine can't be getting anything close to that....

Back