1:18 Die Cast SC model??

What year 1:18 Die Cast SC model would you want?

• 1989-1993...with seperate 35th Anniv - 5.0 HO sport

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • 1994-95...with seperate 4.6 model

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReDevilXR7

Met a guy who works for Revell-Monogram and I'm trying to convince him to push his people to make a diecast SC model.

So the question remains...what year would you want if you were to buy them?

Attachments

• 89sc16.jpg
    89sc16.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 655
id like to see a 1993 model, and maybe a 35th and 94-95

but for a regular run of the mill SC, id like to see 93 for the newer wheels, old body style, and the like.

DIE CAST MODEL

Well i think i would buy one of every year 1989 - 1995 :D
but considering that might not be possible i would go for the 1990 , 1990 35th, and 1994,1995......
:)

95 of course, and who really cars about those old-man 4.6L cars :p

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

I'll take one of EVERY year they make.

Maybe every color too.

My metalic blue would be a partial thing, But hey, I don't mind!

yeah I agree with Silver Casket... an SC is an SC... why not get them all! I couldn't wait for diecast... so I made a replica of my 90 SC out of wood! its not painted, and its not quite completely accurate, but hey, everyone gets the point... I have it sitting on my rear deck...

Updates

To get Ertl quality models a buy in of 9000 MINIMUM would be needed to offer MN12 Birds (V8 and SC) at about $30 each. It seems that generating that much interest is difficult as it is, therefore a cougar model would prove to be even more difficult to attain interest.

I did however talk to GMP who make THE BEST detail models fo GTO's, Torino's, Mustangs, and Grand Nationals to name a few. These models have details beyond Ertl to include working suspensions, raising/lowering antenna & windows!! While the initial number of buy in is down to about 4000, the price skyrockets to close to $100.

Unfortunately there just isn't enough interst.

Jesse

4000 model at $100 a piece... That's only $400,000... I think between a handful of us we had to have spend that in repairs!!

WE CAN DO IT! ;)

I'd love to see one. I'd want a 89-91 with the stamped SC in the front though. ;) I've got a GMP GNX that I bought for $80, I think they sell for more than that already. They keep the productions numbers fairly low, but they have the body for several years, just have to paint them differently. American Muscle makes them too (cheaper, but less detail).

Sorry to tells you guys this, but that red SC model was actually made. I should know, because I just found one in an old model shop four months ago. (The detail is great, by the way)

oh, sorry about that, I just realized that you guys were talking about metal cast cars, but I have the plastic model SC, exactly the same as the pic. on the first post.

Back