What was that source for coated rotors??

I got a set of rotors off of the GTP board also that were in "good shape". The coating was pretty decent but the bearings rattle. If anyone wants them they are really cheap now. :D

Rotors

THATS GM Rotors WISE Azz

That was a typo

As far as GN I basically think that all of us would know that GNs arent Supercharged they are turbo charged

Either way Its a cheap upgrade and its a much better option then paying 650.00 for a set of coated rotors

Also about your comment of it having to be done on a mill?

I think thats a lil excessive considering the Hole is already there and you are just centering the bit to enlarge the hole

Ive Done 4 sets to be exact and havent had a complaint yet

Maybe If you have trouble keeping a drill straight then I could see you needing a Mill to do it
As far as coating not flaking off on a GM rotorpack

Flaking is actually pretty common (It starts at the edges and then gradually proceeds across the whole rotor)
and SO IS discoloration from carbon
This is because of the EGR design

The contact Info I have for ED is GTPED@msn.com

I can say he does sell quality parts and ships fast
I myself have purchased 2-3 sets from him

****Id like to give a big thumbs up for what You citizens of Texas are doing for Disaster victoms I have alot of respect for all of you that are helping in some way or another****

Last edited:
Conan56 said:
THATS GM Rotors WISE Azz

Cant you tell a typo when you see one?
you do realize that M and N are next to eachother on the keyboard

As far as GN I basically think that all of us would know that GNs arent Supercharged they are turbo charged

Either way Its a cheap upgrade and its a much better option then paying 650.00 for a set of coated rotors

Also about your comment of it having to be done on a mill?

I think thats a lil excessive considering the Hole is already there and you are just centering the bit to enlarge the hole

Ive Done 4 sets to be exact and havent had a complaint yet

Maybe you have trouble keeping a drill straight then I could see you needing a Mill to do it
As far as coating not flaking off on a GM rotorpack
Thats a pretty good comment in itself
Talk to your friend ED Morad about that and get some clarification
On your facts before posting them

Flaking is actually pretty common (It starts at the edges and then gradually proceeds across the whole rotor)
and SO IS discoloration from carbon
This is because of the EGR design

The contact Info I have for ED is GTPED@msn.com

I can say he does sell quality parts and ships fast
I myself have purchased 2-3 sets from him

I have a 97 GTP that Ive also modded Im NO PROFESSIONAL OPINION on it But Im sure I have quite a bit more knowledge of GTPS then you

A wise man from Texas once said to me "Pretty much Everything Is a lil Slower down here in Texas"

If you see any other Typos please correct them for me as well
Also I have intentionally left out punctuation for you to correct also
LOL

****Id like to give a big thumbs up for what You citizens of Texas are doing for Disaster victoms I have alot of respect for all of you that are helping in some way or another****

Look I wasn't trying to make a wiseass comment I was confused why you posted "That would be GN rotors"

The whole second part was at Shockwave not you Conan. If you think doing them in a mill is excesseive then that's fine I happen to have one so that is what I use. You can use a dremel for all I care. I don't know why your panties are in a wad but dig them out.

What I am refering to is that the coating on GM rotors and OTHER Eaton rotors are VERY different. I don't know why but they are. I do know there is also an abradable coating that wears in. As you might know the rotors never touch.

It's a great upgrade and I have bought rotors from ED before and in fact I got an email from him this morning. He has stated that he is out right now, but he does keep track of who is looking and sends them info when he has them.

"I have a 97 GTP that Ive also modded Im NO PROFESSIONAL OPINION on it But Im sure I have quite a bit more knowledge of GTPS then you"

Maybe you do maybe you don't, you don't know me from Adam so I ain't getting to a pissing match about it.

Jeff

Rotors

Ok Ive said what I have wanted to get my point across

This in my Opinion is an easy and relitively cheap Mod
I dont think its necessary to purchase a set of 650.00 rotors from A HIGH PRICED vendor when they are readily availible On the GTP boards

I didnt appreciate the Wise AZZ comments But Im gonna let it Lie because this thread isnt intended for the petty arguement

Once again a Big thumbs up for the Texans who are helping the Needy

Its unfortunate that you guys will prob end up with the less desireables also from this

I agree, and haven't been impressed with ESM's work.

I didn't mean for it to be a wise comment like I said I was confused, if I had thought it was a Typo I would haven't even said anything. Sometimes since we aren't face to face it's hard to judge how a comment should be taken.

Jeff

Ok I still want to know what problems might exist with ESM's work, as I have a pending order for work to be performed. I have never heard anything negative until now. If there are legitimate reasons I would appreciate hearing them. I would like to be an informed consumer as I am sure all of you would.

Coated Rotors

As of right now Im having a little blower work done and Im looking into going with a set of these rotors. The blower well be welded and opened up on the inlet and outlet and I want to run a 10% OD on it aswell. It's an early model blower too. The question is, with the 10% and a stock intercooler would adding these rotors just be overkill? Would I be generating too much boost and in turn too much heat to see any benefits? What do you guys think?
Thanks,
Phil

Back