Head count for SC Shootout

speed95

Just wondering who is coming out and from what part of the Gulf Coast you will be coming from.

Thanks
Chris

SC Shootout

I am planning to go as well. I will be leaving from Conroe either late Thursday or early Friday morning, depending on whether I decide to get Dave to update my tune on Friday.

Charles

Shootout

Have either of you guys decided when you are going to be heading out to Oklahoma. Looks like I will be leaving late Thursday as I have scheduled tuning for early Friday morning.

Charles

i believe we are planning to leave early friday morning, we've be slacking and haven't got are room or registration done yet

83GT460 said:
Have either of you guys decided when you are going to be heading out to Oklahoma. Looks like I will be leaving late Thursday as I have scheduled tuning for early Friday morning.

Charles

Hey guys, so we have 3 people from the great state coming? :D :(

Anyone hear from Doug Franklin lately? He was the Texas SC Shootout Committee representative but he kinds dissappeared off the radar several months ago.

Get registered guys, no T-shirts if you don't register. ;)

XR7 Dave said:

Anyone hear from Doug Franklin lately? He was the Texas SC Shootout Committee representative but he kinds dissappeared off the radar several months ago.

Dave I have already sent my registration in the mail but if for some reason you don't get it by this afternoon let me know and I can do it by paypal. I suspect if these other guys haven't sent their registration in yet it won't happen until at least next week as they were both talking about getting out of Houston to get out of the way of the storm.

XR7 Dave said:

I'll get to work on it; we certainly have more than 3 SCs in the state... why there are some individual owners that have that many. :rolleyes:
This hurricane isn't going to help things though.

Ya the hurricane ought to have turned into tornados by the time we get to OKC. How's that for luck?

Hang in there guys!

Im going to try to make it out. I will take care of the fees once I find out how much I wil have to dish out for this crap going on over here.
Last time I heard anything about Doug Franklin he was going out of the country. Not sure when he will be back.

Chris

I'm trying to make plans to go. I already posted in the "hotel update" thread under Events, but does anyone want to split a room and costs?

Also, does anyone want to caravan who will be going from or passing through Dallas/Ft. Worth? I will be starting from San Antonio... Not sure what day/time to leave.

Ok, guys I am back. Divorced final 8-18-05 and then went to China. So she knocked me out of fixing my SC again. Have been buried in more personal paper work and further behind with work this week. That being said, I did just sign up to race and don't have a running car that will run properly enough, yet. But working on it. Therefore I plan on being there late Saturday night at the Hotel and be there Sunday just for racing and skip all the festivities and dyno pulls, or just give up and watch. What ever I bring, if I bring an SC will be stock, as I have ruined everything else in the yard at MSR. Anyone know of a decent SC with a little umph for sale, now, that is a bargain/reasonable? I can fly to go get it I suppose. Decided to look for another one tonight. Who knows. No I won't even try runing the Van this time, haha.

What about the Coy Miller engine guys in TX, are they comming? What about tbird88? Calvin, is he OK?

Richard (TBirdSCFan), Thanks for kicking my #%&, to get me motivated again. Appreciate it. I went ahead and got a room for Sat and sunday night. But we can do a double if you want. Otherwise I 'll stick with the single, because it may be 3-4AM before I arrive Sat night. Depends on what I need to do or buy.

Last edited:
Well I have 2 running, but I will be the competitor of Junk Yard Queens I guess. Not what I planned earlier in year, but it s the way it is.

Wynn (tbird88) called last night. He just got electricity and back in his house for the first night last night. If he makes it he will surely be the winner of Hard Luck. His shop is a bit tore up. I guess some of you have followed TBU and see he has been helping Vernon, or Vernon helping him.

Talked to Vernon and it seems Vernon has helped so much that he just did not have time to get a car ready, but he plans on being there.

From Texas we had 6:

- Doug (Doug Franklin)
- Charles (83GT460)
- Vernon (VernonC)
- Andy (ilusnforc)
- Wynn (tbird88)
- myself (TbirdSCFan)

Thanks to everyone who drove up, especially from Houston. Everyone from Texas who drove up, raced at the track and drove away when done. :D On a day when axles and transmission shafts were snapping like twigs, thats an accomplishment. ;)

Time to start planning the next state meet. :cool:

Last edited:
TbirdSCFan said:
From Texas we had 6:

- Doug (Doug Franklin)
- Charles (83GT460)
- Vernon (VernonC)
- Andy (ilusnforc)
- Wynn (tbird88)
- myself (TbirdSCFan)

Thanks to everyone who drove up, especially from Houston. Everyone from Texas who drove up, raced at the track and drove away when done. :D
On a day when axles and transmission shafts were snapping like twigs, thats an accomplishment.

Time to start planning the next state meet. :cool:

Richard it was good to finally get to meet you and once again say thanks for donating the rearend to my cause. I think along with the great tune that Dave did on Friday my rear gear swap was the key to letting me break into the 13's. The Shootout was great and I am already looking forward to next year.

Charles

I know Cedar Creek is the first time on a real strip. But does the Van count? Anyway I really liked doing this on a real 1/4 mile strip IN AN SC. I had no idea the traction was so much better. Learning the track and car was so cool. I wanted to do it the next day. I had a blast.

Hey guys, just dropped in to say it was great to meet some of you guys from the Texas area, we don't normally see you guys so it was kinda nice the shootout was somewhere close to you. Hopefully Andy Gilbert made it to Utah ok. VernonC, I'm definitly going to check on that exhaust thing you mentioned.
Hopefully you guys can make the next shootout. Take care guys. :)

Back