SCCoO track day, take II, Saturday October 1

Ryan A Harris

We are running out of time to have this event this year. I hope we get 1, and if are are lucky maybe a secnod date at the track without rain, or snow!

St.Thomas dragway has some test & tunes date still on their calendar. The weekend after our tune date with david Dalke would be the 1st & 2nd of Oct. Both those days are open for T&T's. I'd like to make the track day the 1st, and the rain date the following weekend of the 8th, also a T&T day.

Grandbend motorplex has some crap! The 1st friday of every month is "street warz" T&T's, with just a different name. On a friday, that would seem like a waste for most of us in the GTA. Take a day off work to race, I wish! By the time we show up, it would be midnight.

So the date of our track day is the 1st of OCT. Thats the 1st saturday in October. The rain date is the 8th of OCT. Thats next sat of the month.

Here's a link to the the St.Thomas dragway site.
http://www.stthomasdragway.com/index.html

Steph and I will be there. I know I've said it before Ryan but please throw my pullies in your car and hopefully this time........ :rolleyes:

I guess I will try and make it out for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had to say that Ryan. Thank you for your prompt work. I can make it to both days. Maybe Cam will even let me drive the car???????
I wish I could get the rear end done by then, but that will be pushing it, I think. I wonder if Cams slicks will help?
Anyway, I hope Craig can make it out for this so he and I can follow each other around in circles again.

Well, we broke our TBird again. Bent the push rods majorly. Highly doubt it will even see the road by the end of this year. I plan on attending the Race, but may have to race the old explorer once or twice.

my boss was wondering how many of you are going to come, he'd like the advertise the day as a club meet.
:rolleyes:

-B.

the1nonlyb said:
Well, we broke our TBird again. Bent the push rods majorly. Highly doubt it will even see the road by the end of this year. I plan on attending the Race, but may have to race the old explorer once or twice.

my boss was wondering how many of you are going to come, he'd like the advertise the day as a club meet.
:rolleyes:

-B.

Brandon, sorry to hear about the further mechanical troubles.

My guess is that we may have perhaps 6 to 8 cars from the club running, and a few more there as spectators. It certainly isn't going to be as well-attended as a Mustang or Camaro day at the track!! ;)

I'd like to get in at least a few passes. I need to get used to my new clutch, flywheel, and drag tires, before heading down for the SC Shootout.

cheers
Ed N.

Was just wondering what was happening on Saturday? Is anyone going to meet at the Timmys to the East or what, and at what time?

Sure Matt

I'll meet you at the Timmies in Woodstock only this time I'm bringing a map LoL. How's about a head count for who's going

Craig

Back