This week's SCCoO meet -- Wed. Sept. 21

OK, the meet SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lousy service, food sucked, had to pay for damned parking, got friggin lost getting there. Waitresses were ugly and so was the company. And nobody brought any of the stuff I have been waiting for.

OK, is that enough bitchin???????????????
JK, was a pretty cool place. And the directions home were spot on. Thanks guys.
And Andrew, will sleeping with the chip under my pillow affect its performance?????????

Good pick, John. I thought that it was worth the money to park - even though I didn't have to pay. ;) Thanks again! Damn, our waitress was CEEE-UTE!

Matt - ummm, as long as you don't get it sticky it'll work just fine. :D Don't sweat it though, man - I already broke it in for you. :eek: :p :D ;) :cool: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :( :) Hey, I gotta make sure it'll perform properly, right?

Did John give you the Viagara before you left? (ouch, that's gonna hurt!)

couldn't make it

John
sorry I couldn't make it out but a head cold and two kidlings needing attention after a winy day yesterday made it impossible eventhough it was very close for me
Pete

Did you guys decide who's going to hit low 13s this year, or do we have to continue this abomination of having a non-SC on top of the fastest SCCoO list for another year? Time is running out!

We had a modest turnout of about 8 people in total.

Highlights included watching Allen and Andy from Hamilton driving by the place about 3 times each until finally figuring out how the brakes and turn signals work.

Jimmy Gravelle showed up out of the woodwork, which was a surprise.

As Andrew mentioned , we had a pretty waitress providing great service.
Les didn't show up which was a dissapointment. 1 Gilligan and No Skipper.

Honourary Hall of Fame SC member W.Ing arrived with his body guard Raj and played a few rounds of complimentary pool.

10 Minutes were dedicated to Varrik bashing and it was agreed that his parents increase his weekly allowance by $5.

Matt showed up all the way from way out there. He was pretty funny and provided us with some insight in regards to morphine and other dessert toppings.

I understand that Pete Roy was not able to be there since his wife has recently become a mother again..... and I guess he has become a father again.... Congratulations Peter.

Since Ed wasn't there the rats were able to play. We discussed things that Ed normally would have sensored. Plenty of smoke and no censorship- that was a little different.

And lastly , we were all pretty dissapointed that Sean wasn't able to schedule himself at the meet and thanks for informing us about the weekly wednesday list of events. When will we be at the top of that list again ? Someone please talk to his boss.( place whip snapping noise here ) harmless tongue and cheek humour intended.

Congratulations to Andrew Vengust who won the 2 Platinum seat tickets to the Toronto Maple Leaf game in October. Your attendance paid off.

Allen , I dare you to place a response on this thread. U Can Do It !!!!!

Kobassa Power said:
...And lastly , we were all pretty dissapointed that Sean wasn't able to schedule himself at the meet and thanks for informing us about the weekly wednesday list of events. When will we be at the top of that list again ? Someone please talk to his boss.( place whip snapping noise here ) harmless tongue and cheek humour intended.

Geez, John... I don't know what to say. I didn't think you'd take it so hard. ;)

Seriously though, I hope you guys haven't got to thinking that I don't want to get out to hang with you. It has been a busier than usual year for me, and there is a long list of things that I would prefer to be doing that just aren't getting done.

And in regards to having someone speak to my boss... Which one would you target?! My employer for sending me out of town? My wife for expecting that I spend my last night at home with the family? Perhaps Noah for needing me to take him to hockey?! :) If you think it's easy to say 'no' to any one of these, you're wrong, and I'm sure you understand when it really comes down to it.

There is some good news...

For those who didn't know already, Alecia and I are having an inground swimming pool and new decks and a hot tub installed in the backyard. If she won't let me come out to the meets, maybe I'll have to bring a meet or two to me?! Just make sure you take your Immodium before you get into the hot tub, please gang. Right now we have a huge hole in the backyard, and construction is underway (Yet one more thing for me to stress over).

Best regards,

Sean

Kobassa Power said:
We had a modest turnout of about 8 people in total.

Highlights included watching Allen and Andy from Hamilton driving by the place about 3 times each until finally figuring out how the brakes and turn signals work.

Jimmy Gravelle showed up out of the woodwork, which was a surprise.

As Andrew mentioned , we had a pretty waitress providing great service.
Les didn't show up which was a dissapointment. 1 Gilligan and No Skipper.

Honourary Hall of Fame SC member W.Ing arrived with his body guard Raj and played a few rounds of complimentary pool.

10 Minutes were dedicated to Varrik bashing and it was agreed that his parents increase his weekly allowance by $5.

Matt showed up all the way from way out there. He was pretty funny and provided us with some insight in regards to morphine and other dessert toppings.

I understand that Pete Roy was not able to be there since his wife has recently become a mother again..... and I guess he has become a father again.... Congratulations Peter.

Since Ed wasn't there the rats were able to play. We discussed things that Ed normally would have sensored. Plenty of smoke and no censorship- that was a little different.

And lastly , we were all pretty dissapointed that Sean wasn't able to schedule himself at the meet and thanks for informing us about the weekly wednesday list of events. When will we be at the top of that list again ? Someone please talk to his boss.( place whip snapping noise here ) harmless tongue and cheek humour intended.

Congratulations to Andrew Vengust who won the 2 Platinum seat tickets to the Toronto Maple Leaf game in October. Your attendance paid off.

Allen , I dare you to place a response on this thread. U Can Do It !!!!!

BUWHWHHAWHAHAHAAH!!! Dessert topping! Classic, John. You slay me!

Thanks for the Leaf's tickets, eh?!?!?! I went back tonight and asked the waitress we had if she was interested in joining me. I figured it was only the "polite"* thing to do, seeing as how it was her that picked my name and all. We have a date. ;)

*polite - i'm a Scorpio...... Y'ALL know what i'm thinking! ;) If this goes anywhere, John, our first-born will be named after you, buddy. "Hey, chit-disturber, what did I tell you?!?!?! Always torque fasteners TWICE!" :D

John; You wanted a response so here you are. I made the huge mistake of talking to Jimmy about my air conditioning that is no longer cooling. He said that I should be glad that the compressor isn't siezed thus ripping off the belt. Last night... my compressor siezed, smoked the clutch but no belt damage.(I was very close to home) :mad: I had to pour gallons of water over it to stop the smoke. Oh well...on the hook again this morning. Maybe I should just stop talking to Jimmy. :)
Last tuesday the wipers needed new isolators for the motor. It seems that they are not broken out in the parts diagrams for the SC. My mechanic found that the isolators were listed separately on the Aerostar and they are the same part. Trust me when I tell you that the car will let you know when these isolators fail.
The location for the meet was pretty good, food good, waitress good looking, in my case parking FREE :D , all in all a good time.
Alan (John...note spelling of name here)

ALS35 said:
Last tuesday the wipers needed new isolators for the motor. It seems that they are not broken out in the parts diagrams for the SC. My mechanic found that the isolators were listed separately on the Aerostar and they are the same part. Trust me when I tell you that the car will let you know when these isolators fail.

Alan,

I have seen those isolators in the HELP section at CTC and/or Part Source. I don't think they were very expensive either. ...Just an FYI.

Cheers,

Sean

Hey Hal,

You did it !!!!

I wish I knew where to get the wiper bolt isolators . I redgreened 3 boltswith nuts and it works.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49775
As for the seized clutch , bin dere done dat on the way to Ford HQ in Michigan - dousing out 6 inch flames from the ac clutch. As far as Jimmy having "the touch of death" so far I haven't encountered it. I'll keep a garlic necklace and spike handy just in case.

Good to hear that you had a good time.

Ok Andy , you are next - with your post....

Last edited:
Back