Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: This week's SCCoO meet -- Wed. Sept. 21

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,427
    I hear the food and atmosphere at this place is great!!!

    ...Unfortunately, I have to take Noah to an exhibition game for rep hockey out in Port Dover. Afterwards I need to prep for a business trip starting tomorrow morning.

    Have a wonderful time, guys! ...And hoist one or two for me, please.

    Best regards,

    Sean

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    172
    Don't think I'll make it boys, entertaining father-in-law from B.C. 'till Friday.
    Food is pretty good there, actually ate (& drank!!) there the other night.
    For the smokers/non smokers situation, maybe consider the open air rooftop patio as an option? Steve

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario ... CANADA !!!
    Posts
    7,453
    Sorry guys, I'm out at the last minute. John, please take charge in my absence !!!

    cheers
    Ed N.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    232
    I will take Super Charge !!!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Ont, CANA-DUH
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobassa Power
    I will take Super Charge !!!
    Bo-doom doom, tshshshshhs! Where's that hook? Get him off the stage!!!



    Tell ya' what, guys, here's my "pledge"* - Mike, come out and i'll buy you one of your Elite-ist, infamous umbrella drinks! You'll save the $5 with that. ?

    Same goes for ANY other 4.6ers that come out. I'll buy a round for the BIG boys.

    Oh boy, John at the controls - this outta be interesting. I'm sure Ed will be hearing about this. Gotta remember to bring my digicam for blackmail shots. Oops, I mean "photo op's".


    *pledge - thankfully, John has spared us with having to be continuously interrupted with commercials from our favourite Made for PC Movie "Thunderbirds" by simply inserting his pledge drive here. Hey, John, how much did you have to pay for advertising?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Bowmanville, Ontario
    Posts
    1,940
    OK, the meet SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lousy service, food sucked, had to pay for damned parking, got friggin lost getting there. Waitresses were ugly and so was the company. And nobody brought any of the stuff I have been waiting for.

    OK, is that enough bitchin???????????????
    JK, was a pretty cool place. And the directions home were spot on. Thanks guys.
    And Andrew, will sleeping with the chip under my pillow affect its performance?????????

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Ont, CANA-DUH
    Posts
    2,002
    Good pick, John. I thought that it was worth the money to park - even though I didn't have to pay. Thanks again! Damn, our waitress was CEEE-UTE!

    Matt - ummm, as long as you don't get it sticky it'll work just fine. Don't sweat it though, man - I already broke it in for you. Hey, I gotta make sure it'll perform properly, right?

    Did John give you the Viagara before you left? (ouch, that's gonna hurt!)

  8. #23

    couldn't make it

    John
    sorry I couldn't make it out but a head cold and two kidlings needing attention after a winy day yesterday made it impossible eventhough it was very close for me
    Pete

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Some deserted industrial street
    Posts
    431
    Did you guys decide who's going to hit low 13s this year, or do we have to continue this abomination of having a non-SC on top of the fastest SCCoO list for another year? Time is running out!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario ... CANADA !!!
    Posts
    7,453
    And that has what to do with the weekly meet??

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    232
    We had a modest turnout of about 8 people in total.

    Highlights included watching Allen and Andy from Hamilton driving by the place about 3 times each until finally figuring out how the brakes and turn signals work.

    Jimmy Gravelle showed up out of the woodwork, which was a surprise.

    As Andrew mentioned , we had a pretty waitress providing great service.
    Les didn't show up which was a dissapointment. 1 Gilligan and No Skipper.

    Honourary Hall of Fame SC member W.Ing arrived with his body guard Raj and played a few rounds of complimentary pool.

    10 Minutes were dedicated to Varrik bashing and it was agreed that his parents increase his weekly allowance by $5.

    Matt showed up all the way from way out there. He was pretty funny and provided us with some insight in regards to morphine and other dessert toppings.

    I understand that Pete Roy was not able to be there since his wife has recently become a mother again..... and I guess he has become a father again.... Congratulations Peter.

    Since Ed wasn't there the rats were able to play. We discussed things that Ed normally would have sensored. Plenty of smoke and no censorship- that was a little different.

    And lastly , we were all pretty dissapointed that Sean wasn't able to schedule himself at the meet and thanks for informing us about the weekly wednesday list of events. When will we be at the top of that list again ? Someone please talk to his boss.( place whip snapping noise here ) harmless tongue and cheek humour intended.

    Congratulations to Andrew Vengust who won the 2 Platinum seat tickets to the Toronto Maple Leaf game in October. Your attendance paid off.

    Allen , I dare you to place a response on this thread. U Can Do It !!!!!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobassa Power
    ...And lastly , we were all pretty dissapointed that Sean wasn't able to schedule himself at the meet and thanks for informing us about the weekly wednesday list of events. When will we be at the top of that list again ? Someone please talk to his boss.( place whip snapping noise here ) harmless tongue and cheek humour intended.
    Geez, John... I don't know what to say. I didn't think you'd take it so hard.

    Seriously though, I hope you guys haven't got to thinking that I don't want to get out to hang with you. It has been a busier than usual year for me, and there is a long list of things that I would prefer to be doing that just aren't getting done.

    And in regards to having someone speak to my boss... Which one would you target?! My employer for sending me out of town? My wife for expecting that I spend my last night at home with the family? Perhaps Noah for needing me to take him to hockey?! If you think it's easy to say 'no' to any one of these, you're wrong, and I'm sure you understand when it really comes down to it.

    There is some good news...

    For those who didn't know already, Alecia and I are having an inground swimming pool and new decks and a hot tub installed in the backyard. If she won't let me come out to the meets, maybe I'll have to bring a meet or two to me?! Just make sure you take your Immodium before you get into the hot tub, please gang. Right now we have a huge hole in the backyard, and construction is underway (Yet one more thing for me to stress over).

    Best regards,

    Sean

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Ont, CANA-DUH
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobassa Power
    We had a modest turnout of about 8 people in total.

    Highlights included watching Allen and Andy from Hamilton driving by the place about 3 times each until finally figuring out how the brakes and turn signals work.

    Jimmy Gravelle showed up out of the woodwork, which was a surprise.

    As Andrew mentioned , we had a pretty waitress providing great service.
    Les didn't show up which was a dissapointment. 1 Gilligan and No Skipper.

    Honourary Hall of Fame SC member W.Ing arrived with his body guard Raj and played a few rounds of complimentary pool.

    10 Minutes were dedicated to Varrik bashing and it was agreed that his parents increase his weekly allowance by $5.

    Matt showed up all the way from way out there. He was pretty funny and provided us with some insight in regards to morphine and other dessert toppings.

    I understand that Pete Roy was not able to be there since his wife has recently become a mother again..... and I guess he has become a father again.... Congratulations Peter.

    Since Ed wasn't there the rats were able to play. We discussed things that Ed normally would have sensored. Plenty of smoke and no censorship- that was a little different.

    And lastly , we were all pretty dissapointed that Sean wasn't able to schedule himself at the meet and thanks for informing us about the weekly wednesday list of events. When will we be at the top of that list again ? Someone please talk to his boss.( place whip snapping noise here ) harmless tongue and cheek humour intended.

    Congratulations to Andrew Vengust who won the 2 Platinum seat tickets to the Toronto Maple Leaf game in October. Your attendance paid off.

    Allen , I dare you to place a response on this thread. U Can Do It !!!!!

    BUWHWHHAWHAHAHAAH!!! Dessert topping! Classic, John. You slay me!

    Thanks for the Leaf's tickets, eh?!?!?! I went back tonight and asked the waitress we had if she was interested in joining me. I figured it was only the "polite"* thing to do, seeing as how it was her that picked my name and all. We have a date.


    *polite - i'm a Scorpio...... Y'ALL know what i'm thinking! If this goes anywhere, John, our first-born will be named after you, buddy. "Hey, chit-disturber, what did I tell you?!?!?! Always torque fasteners TWICE!"

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    878
    John; You wanted a response so here you are. I made the huge mistake of talking to Jimmy about my air conditioning that is no longer cooling. He said that I should be glad that the compressor isn't siezed thus ripping off the belt. Last night... my compressor siezed, smoked the clutch but no belt damage.(I was very close to home) I had to pour gallons of water over it to stop the smoke. Oh well...on the hook again this morning. Maybe I should just stop talking to Jimmy.
    Last tuesday the wipers needed new isolators for the motor. It seems that they are not broken out in the parts diagrams for the SC. My mechanic found that the isolators were listed separately on the Aerostar and they are the same part. Trust me when I tell you that the car will let you know when these isolators fail.
    The location for the meet was pretty good, food good, waitress good looking, in my case parking FREE , all in all a good time.
    Alan (John...note spelling of name here)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,427
    Quote Originally Posted by ALS35
    Last tuesday the wipers needed new isolators for the motor. It seems that they are not broken out in the parts diagrams for the SC. My mechanic found that the isolators were listed separately on the Aerostar and they are the same part. Trust me when I tell you that the car will let you know when these isolators fail.
    Alan,

    I have seen those isolators in the HELP section at CTC and/or Part Source. I don't think they were very expensive either. ...Just an FYI.

    Cheers,

    Sean

Similar Threads

  1. This week's SCCoO meet, Wed. Sept. 14, east end
    By fast Ed in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 05:01 PM
  2. This week's meet, HOOters Brampton, THURSDAY Sept. 8
    By fast Ed in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 07:05 PM
  3. This week's SCCoO meet, Wed. August 17
    By fast Ed in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-21-2005, 10:49 PM
  4. This week's SCCoO club meet, Wed. July 13
    By fast Ed in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 10:55 PM
  5. This week's SCCoO meet, Friday, July 8, 2005 -- Hutch's in Hamilton
    By fast Ed in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •