Painting The letters on IC tubes and SC top?

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
I've noticed alot of people have painted the letters on there SC tops and IC tubes. What is the best method for doing this and a good paint to use?

I just used the paint I used on my plastic models and it worked fine but there may be something better. Just take your time when doing it, tape off whatever you can. Also remove the top and tubes or your back'll get really, really sore!

Ok this is what i did. go to home depot and buy a high heat paint and paint the entire tube that solid color (i did mine in black). then, with a fine paintbrush, use latex paint and carefully paint the letters and lines.

I've got like 30' of that nice plastic wire conduit in blue is kinda why i thought of doing blue letters and cover all the vac lines wirring etc with the blue conduit i am just wondering if it would look gay on a red S/C to go with a blue and black underhood scheme.

7.jpg

Wanting to dress this up a bit. Going to a show next month by then i should have my K&N cone filter. Going to just hook it to the MAF and replace the rubber tube with 3" PVC paint it black stick a K&N sticker on it...Need to choose a color for the lettering on the IC tubes and top.. As i said thought about blue since i can cover all the ugly vac lines and stuff up with the blue conduit.. i dunno opinions anyone?

Blue might look good...

Just paint one letter and see if you like it.....

I am using IC gaskets that I got from Wynn and I like them a lot....

i got a set of seals that i got extra from fast freddie that i could throw in for a couple bucks if you decide to get the filter and bra from me.

Emery Cloth

I used 50 grit emery cloth to cut the paint. Then 80 Grit emery cloth to polish the fins & numbers.

68COUGAR

Like mine in blue?

344%3A575923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E234%3B%3D429%3D537%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3C4%3A%3B7%3A52ot1lsi

I got the Testors model paint pen and taped everything off, and then just went over it slowly. I let it dry and then took off the tape.

Painted tubes/top

I did Mine
I painted them Black first then I trimmed in the Letters/lines with Blue

Heres a pic

Attachments

• Monster top.jpg
    Monster top.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 85
PM me with a total for the bra the K&N and the seals.

rzimmerl said:
i got a set of seals that i got extra from fast freddie that i could throw in for a couple bucks if you decide to get the filter and bra from me.

No way...you should use different colors...like rainbow colors. Ya know one for each letter and then put a 24 on the side. :D

Chris

seawalkersee said:
No way...you should use different colors...like rainbow colors. Ya know one for each letter and then put a 24 on the side. :D

Chris

I bet he would win at the track then!!!!!

Or wiat is his prety boy, bring fame and women to nascar over now? :rolleyes:

Tyler

I'll put a 24 on the side of my car when hell freeze's over! Not a real big nascar fan but i still hate gordon! Might as well drive around in a leather vest with a biker cap on playing YMCA full blast with the windows down!

Jacob_Royer said:
I'll put a 24 on the side of my car when hell freeze's over! Not a real big nascar fan but i still hate gordon! Might as well drive around in a leather vest with a biker cap on playing YMCA full blast with the windows down!

I promise youll get first then!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one will want to race you :eek:

Tyler

Back