The Fast and the Furious

Was it a good movie based solely on plot, storyline, and f/x?

• Yes

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
They definately could have done with a bit more research before writing the script, and given a little more effort at making the technical end of things believable, but I guess it beats a sharp stick in the eye.
Tony

i like how they didn't even use a turbo eclipse for that. It was a GS model! Funny movie, of course its not gonna be realistic... But ~~~~ that movie killed the import scene.

bubbaflaat said:
i like how they didn't even use a turbo eclipse for that. It was a GS model! Funny movie, of course its not gonna be realistic... But ~~~~ that movie killed the import scene.
Yeah I seen it at a show after the movie the carbon fiber hood was done with vinyl it was funny cause at the show it was starting to peel up

I take it I'm the only one who sees the whole F&F series as a ~~~~ing hilarious comedy. :)

I love watching F&F because it's so ~~~~ing funny, the acting and dialouge is so wonderfully bad and tacky, the cars are fun and the stunts are so ridiculous, I mean, if you're looking for a laugh, go no further than Fast & The Furious.

Maybe it's just me, but all my friends and I love the F&F series because it's so funny, and it's downright impossible to take Paul Walker seriously, in anything, because he always uses that same 'wanna-be-serious' tone of voice, like how Charlie Sheen talks in Hot Shots part I and II.

I'd see the movie once it's on DVD or just say ~~~~ the MPAA and download it. I'm sure the drifting was top notch, and the rest of the movie is just an comedic interlude between drifting sequences. But I sure as hell wouldn't spend $9+ going to the theater to see it, and I definitely wouldn't use it as a date movie unless your girl is hardcore into cars.

In summary: Good for a laugh, not to be taken seriously, and not worth the price of admission.

-Ghost

Chargers are B-bodies, BTW.

Anyway, I voted no. The movie didn't bother me as much as I thought it would since it was so ridiculous, but it'll never qualify as a Good movie.

I thought all 3 of them sucked ..........

But IMHO, anytime you need special effects to make a car look fast, it's not worth watching.

Give me the classics: Grand Prix, Bullit, the original Gone in 60 Seconds, Outrage, White Line Fever, HotRod, Heart Like A Wheel and many others. Even stuff like Smokey and the Bandit are better just because they did some real stunts and not just special effects.

My favrite movies are THE CAR , THE WRAITH and 9 1\2 WEEKS .The Fast and the Furious gave Vin the stupidest lines and tried to be to hip. I liked it , but could have been better. And the race between the supra and the Charger was the the most reallistic part of the movie . And yes ,a blown Hemi will never get bet buy a import, even if it spit a rod. I also liked LOW DOWN DIRTY SHAME cause it was funny and it had a THUNDERBIRD SUPERCOUPE .

there was a SC in the movie????? i may have to blow the dust of the dvd case and watch it again :eek:

:cool: yes there was a SC, after the first race, everybody runs and leaves one guy in the middle of the street.....watch him he goes to a white SC :D

Was it a good movie, based on its plot, actual storyline and effects? (please dont judge becuase of the cars or the seeminly cult-ish following of ricers)

The storyline and plot were okay I guess. They could have tried a lot harder to make the occurences in the movie at least seem like they were physically possible.

I'd pay good money to see an action movie about sporty cars with a decent storyline that is COMPLETELY plausible. I guess the only movie I've ever seen that's met this criteria would be "Bullitt"

Back