chromed SC wheels??

B

Boomin Boy

chromed SC wheels??

has anyone ever had or looked into having SC wheels chromed? I know a guy who makes a living as a chromer and he said he could give me a deal on it. I dont know much about the process but i do know that only certain types of metal can be chromed, can sc wheels be chromed?

thanks for your time

Re: chromed SC wheels??

i think that it would be great to have someone try that show us some pic.s and your reciept of the cost.....

it's been done before, can't find pics right now.

The end result... they looked nice, but are very expensive. And if you don't get the chrome done right they will look like crap after 6 months. That's why most people opt for aftermarket wheels.

Brian

One of the SCCoSW guys named Eric (Puff C) had them on his SC at the OKC meet last year. Looked good but not as good as some of the aftermarket wheels.

David

chromed sc wheels

didnt they come from the factory chrome. i mean as an option? I have seen them before chromed and i think they look really good.

Jd
91sc black

Re: chromed sc wheels

Chromed SC rims weren't an option as far as know. I also like very much of chromed SC rims, but I cannot afford to get my rims chromed. That's why I sanded & cleaned mine and painted them and then took them into paint shop to get a nice coat of lacquer.

I posted a picture few days ago how my rims turned out.
pub18.ezboard.com/fsccoas...8392.topic

Re: chromed sc wheels

Ted's car

A better option might be polished wheels like Ted has in the link above. It looks almost like chrome, but won't peel or flake. It will require some protection against oxidation and/or repolishing though.

Back