anyone know much bout goodyear eagle vr50 tires?

Scott-Atah

can't seem to find anything bout them on the goodyear site, cept for in their history section lol.

Anywho, i just bought a used set of 255/50/16s of the VR50 model of course...and from what i can tell (what cars i seem to find them on) they're a decent tire.

but if anyone can give me a lil more info on them that'd be nice hehe, thanks

Goodyears are noisy and don't seem to last very long. BFGoodrich Comp T/A's are an excellent tire!

The reason you can't find out anything on them is that they are almost a discontinued tire. About the only size they make any more in that tire is the 245-45-17 for GT Mustangs. I think Ford must only have to pay about Goodyear about $3.00 each for these things, there are MUCH better tires out there. The VR50 "Gatorback" was introduced back in 1983 when the new 84 model year Corvette was brought out. Then they were used on SVO Mustangs, 5.0 Mustangs, some Firebirds and Camaros, Probe GTs and various other models. Ford is the only one that stuck with these. The showroom-stock race version of these tires, the VR50-S, then the ZR50-S were awseome track tires, they pretty much only shared the tread pattern and sidewall appearance with the regular ones. Tire technology has come a long way in the last 20 years, I hope you didn't pay too much for those tires.

And some of the Comp T/A line are good tires, others are crap. The Comp T/A ZR is being discontinued after about 10 years on the market, these were never fantastic. The Comp T/A HR4 is a decent tire for the price.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back