what the ^%& is this?

livn

It probably sounds kinda dumb but i have an 89 sc and was just wondering whats really attached to that black shelf type deal in my trunk. theres two rectangles, kinda look like an amp? what are they??

Under the rear deck

On the left side you have two computer boxs too. One is for the ride control computer and your ABS computer ........

Last edited:
i thought it was an amp too, but then i wasnt too sure when i replaced my stock deck with an alpine unit and i realized that there was no remote (turn-on) wire coming into the wiring harnass. didnt make any sense at all, amps need remote wires in order to function preoperly and there wasnt one running to my stock deck, my new deck for that matter. so if it is an amp, where the hell is this remote wire?

amp turn on

There is a dark blue thicker wire maybe 12 or 14 guage in the factory harness that runs a signal to the amps. Yes you have 2 amps in that car one for the 4 component 4" w/ tweets and one amp mounted to the subwoofer box to the right of that tray you were talking about that powers the 6 1/2' I have completely decked my SC out and will help you w/ any ? you have call me @ 800-882-7751 work or 517-214-2940 cell phone my name is Paul. Good Luck!

I dont have two amps because my car never came with a sub. ive got my system bumbin pretty good now though, have a 2002 alpine head unit, a 2001 Rockford Punch 360.2 amp running a pair of Rockford 12" HEs. Still have the stock mids though, gonna upgrade those soon too and maybe gut the rear interior lights on either sides of the car and put in a set of good tweeters. and all my speakers are 6x8 i believe, i have no 4" speakers. and im still almost positive i dont have a remote wire running anywhere

speaker size

if you don't have 4" then they would be 5"x7" but take a panel off if you have the JBL system then you have a 5"x7" box that houses a 4" and a tweet really these speakers are pretty decent missing some mid bass though. I have the eclipse av 5101 w/ 6 disc in-dash changer where the cubby hole was. I also have 6 disc changer in the trunk along w/ 3 10" mobile authority subs. I can even talk to my stereo to find directions w/ the GPS
av5101img.jpg

Back