Whose exhaust sounds the best...

livn

I have a stock exhaust system, puttin on a magnaflow res. and want to know whos sounds the BEST

Imlivn

I went with the Magnaflow Resonator with no mufflers. Sounds great at idle and lower RPM's, gets a slight buzzy (for lack of a better word) in the high RPM's. It's loud though for a daily driver and it drones on the highway. I'd suggest Dynomax to go with the res. if you want something. NO FLOWMASTERS...They sound like sh#*!!!
Hope this helps

Derek Holland
SCCoA # 1305

Trust me on this one !!!!!!! I have driven my sc since 1992 with stock exhaust until today, I just loved the sound of the stereo better than some loud exhaust system ! but with a 10 % pully on the charger it cost me a headgasket after alot of years so i went to jegs and ordered 2 new high flow cats 2/14 openings both ends, one magnaflow #064212278 dual 2 1/4 in 3 inch out, and dynomax #028917732 2 1/4 super turbo mufflers had one of my buddies at meinike muffler do the installation from the picture of the big dog exhaust and the results were awsome. down tubes from manifold much better than the factory L shape but you will need to shim the bracket on the floor pan where the three inch pipe goes through. we put on a flange at the back of the magnaflow muffler from a ford diesel truck exaust that looks like
the factory one you have now but bigger for the new 3 inch pipe. looks just like the stock exhaust BUTT BIGGER! sound super and the performance ? DAMM I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS YEARS AGO !!! you have to turn off the stereo and hear the deep but just a little louder than stock sound, and when you get on it sounds awsome not too loud but sounds like your engine means business. my dad drives a cadallic STS and after he took mine for a spin today he was shocked. i do have other mods butt this just improved all of them. The flange will let you take out the exaust in two pieces for later service repair work like the stock system does now, all other cat back systems will be a pain in the butt for removal when you weld them up. remember to weld it up clamps will leak after a few years and use aluminized pipe and it will last forever.

Last edited:
Back