Wideband Units

I have an LM-1 it's easy to use the only thing is the case is not all that small but it's not a big Deal if you ask me might be to some.

I have the PLX one right now, and I liek it fine, but the one to ask that has been using it awhile is fastsc92...

It does the wirelss dataloggin also....

I have an FJO.. Its a bit expensive but i can datalog from my Palm Pilot which makes it a helluva lot less bulkier than the PLX or the LM-1

KwikGSeX said:
I have an FJO.. Its a bit expensive but i can datalog from my Palm Pilot which makes it a helluva lot less bulkier than the PLX or the LM-1

What are you running for an O2 sensor?

KwikGSeX said:

:eek: I had never heard of this one, I wish I had known!

How much was that one with all of the stuff to make it work with a palm???

I've been running a plx data logging unit for over 2 years now and I cant say anything bad about it. Saved my @$$ many times. I'm very big into data logging and I use it almost everytime I get in the car. The new software supports real-time data playback which I think is a really really nice feature. Takes all the guess work out of tuning your car via a chip. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Zeitronix is along those lines, it will log A/F, EGT, etc.

sizemoremk said:
:eek: I had never heard of this one, I wish I had known!

How much was that one with all of the stuff to make it work with a palm???

Its the connectivity kit. You have to purchase it from an FJO dealer.. It costs around $300.. Actually with that kit the FJO becomes the most expensive of the group.. It used to cost around $900 all together.. I bought my WB second hand so it all cost me around $650 total.. But this was 2 years ago when they were not as popular or as cheap as they are today... Now i see you can get the whole setup for $385..

on a slightly different note......

So when you put the car on the dyno, besides horses and torque, what exactly are you looking for when you they do the Wide Band thing..?? Air/Fuel ratios... Intake temps... Exhaust Gas temps.... ??

Ira

I'm using a LM-1 from Inovative also. I like it just fine!!! Don't waste your money on the inductive RPM adaptor. Just hardwire it!

So when you put the car on the dyno, besides horses and torque, what exactly are you looking for when you they do the Wide Band thing..?? Air/Fuel ratios... Intake temps... Exhaust Gas temps.... ??

Ira

Yeah, I'm not sure what a good A/F is for the T-bird, but on my car it was tuned so that after like 2500-3000ish that the A/F never goes above 11.2:1

Now, that's still pretty rich, but because it's a reflash, I can't make adjustments for weather, fuel type, etc.

I'm going with engine management at the end of the month (hence why I need the wideband). If you're constantly upgrading your car you can't go wrong with engine management, but I take it that there is really nothing available for the SC other then reflashes.

irar said:

Ira

Ira,

It would be to keep track of Air/Fuel to RPM's during the runs or tune to prevent a problem before it unfolds. It the wideband has datalogging you can save the run data and play it back later on, say, if your tuning your car :)

Toms-SC said:
Ira,

It would be to keep track of Air/Fuel to RPM's during the runs or tune to prevent a problem before it unfolds. It the wideband has datalogging you can save the run data and play it back later on, say, if your tuning your car :)
Thanks I figured it was for A/F ratios but wanted to make sure. Mine were adjusted back in June and I hope are still fine, but I am hittting the dyno next week (no tune available but a reliable dyno) and am deciding on taking that option just to make sure of where I'm at. The weather temps are now almost 20° less then back in June so I figured I best be safe.

Ira

Back