Another NEWB

hiphopanonymous

Just wanted to say "WERD" to everyone.

Since i'm a NEWB, i'm going to ask the Newb question. Where should I start moding my SC. It's a 1992 SC, 5 speed, w/62k ORIGNAL. I bought it off the orignal owner (OLDER WOMAN :D) It runs PERFECT so any advise will halp thanks alot SCCOA.

exhoust is good place to start you wont need a tb or maf for awhile 30 lbs injectors are good to around 290 hp so not needed yet you have the good gas tank 92 up you have the 70mm maf no egr so id say highflow cats to start a 5% blower pulley raised top blowewr outlet remove air silencer from under air filter box .

after that it ttakes money ported blower or AR from XR7 Dave

double ic or front mount ic

but for now just the few mods should make a difference also many hp can be gained from a good tune. even on a stocker.

Comon dog, I already have a "big wing and altezzas" that was first thing I did. :D

I was thinking about the 5% pulley. How will my stock SC handle it? Also what kind of exhaust/mufflers would you recomend. I really dont like the way a 2 chamber Flowmaster sounds. I like the exoitc sounding exhaust. Does anyone have Dynomax Bullets? if so, how do they sound.

I had a 5% pulley when I blew my head gaskets with the stock exhaust. The Flowmaster kit sounds nice if you still have cats. I deleted my cats and it sounds too loud now (almost ricey). Regardless, The stock exhaust is very restrictive as you will see if you ever take it down. I might be able to email you a clip of my exhaust without cats if my work email will allow it.

Do yourself a favor go to a custum exhaust shop and tell them to do the exhaust all at once . I did mine one section at a time and it cost me 1/3 more than if I had done it all at once. I went with 2 1/4 inch down pipes to high flow cats to flowmaster resonator to 3 inch mid pipe to a transverse 80 seris flow master (the kind for firebirds and such) to two 2 1/2 inch out. sounds agressive but not too loud and not at all ricey. :D

Alright here are 2 from my 89 SC.... its kinda windy so sorry bout that:

One from the rear.
And one from the side.

gutted cats, no resonator, dual flowmasters
so basically straight to daul flowmasters.
just in case you were hesitant on what it would sound like...
and give you an idea to help on your selection

Wow...that is the closest to what mine actually sounds like that I have ever heard recorded. I am not a big flowmaster fan. Do a search for the titld "check this crap out" or "Check out this crap" and you will see why. I recomend the borlas as far as a good muffler...oh, cause I have to weld the pass side muffler on AGAIN tomorrow.

Chris

im happy with it, it sounds clean but not too clean, still has the raspy muscle car sound, but not loud at all, i think it makes a good combo with the blower whine and low roar of the flows... makes people wonder what it has, but i was just posting it so you can get an idea if you like it or not... its what you like personally, and personally i like it... so i hope i have helped you in that aspect by posting my "sounds like crap" exhuast :p

latas
shane

(dont worry i didn't take anything personally)

Back