View Poll Results: Underbody neons too ricey?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too Ricey

115 71.43%
  • Could look nice

46 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too Ricy?

I think they only look good on some of the older cars, for instance a '49 Mercury. I don't like them at all on imports or modern domestics.

Hope you like replacing transmissions and brake rotors....

Cant be any worse than my S4 either... $190 every time for brakes.... $3100 for a broken axle....

I have white neons under my S4.... sets it off really well. Strobes in the headlights and corners as well as the 3rd brakelight and taillights. Also have red strobes mounted to the front and rear windshield. All of it is for the fire dept except for the underglows.

Yep looks pretty ~~~~ on imports... especially when theres NO color sequence or matching... gold with blue neons and a CF hood... looks stupid

and this is WAY too over board

They were cool in the early to mid 90's, now they are super lame. I remember one of the first SC's I saw, was a 35th with a blue under body kit, and it looked amazing! This was back in 1995 or so, before the whole F&F ricer craze began.

Thomas

I seriously have thought about red for my car(its actually red duh) i think it would look descent on there i dunno...
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple 11.741@117.5mph

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Klein View Post
    LOL i did just bought my wife an Acura tl type s
    you did just bought? lol

good job uncle ben

I think it can work but it depends. I'd do it if I was gonna show the car and wanted to highlight something underneath. Or if participating in a cruise/parade where you want to give the crowd something to look at and your wife/girlfriend won't wear that tube top.

I think they can look nice if done right. And if turned on only at night.

(I am very anti-rice ... won't even put a spoiler on my SC ... so this might be a glitch in my personality ...)
    God bless!!!

1990 SC auto ... red outside, gray cloth inside ... ~205,000 miles (and climbing) ... driven daily!

i put a 7 color L.E.D. streetglow kit under my Cougar and i love the way it looks when going through all thr stobe patterns or the music interface. Oh and i hate rice burners but the lights kick a$$ under this car.

me personally it has some of its quarks. It really depends on what kind of theme one is going for that makes the lighting worth it. As mine is done I will be putting red neons underneath to give a lil emphasis on the evil95sc and to follow with the interior and its red leds all around. So really it depends on what one is really going for as far as looks.

Neons, lame. Like someone said allready they were big in the 90's but they look out of date now. Unless your into imports.

P.s. spoilers aren't rice....cars have had spoilers for years...that is if they are the right one for our cars

My two cents

Quote Originally Posted by mellbutler View Post
    Neons, lame. Like someone said allready they were big in the 90's but they look out of date now. Unless your into imports.

P.s. spoilers aren't rice....cars have had spoilers for years...that is if they are the right one for our cars
    My two cents, had to jump in... if done right, lights look ok... on show cars... but for the most part it just proves the slogan "all show, no go".

On the topic of spoilers. They have a pupose, to create downforce at speed to keep the wheels that are generating power stuck to the road. Now it drives me absolutly NUTS to see a 4 banger import with a retarded looking tyrannosaurus wing made for F1 cars going down the road. Now lets stop for a moment and ask... if you create downforce at the rear of a front wheel drive car, what do you think happens? That's right, you actually lose traction to the wheels generating power.

When it all comes down to it, life is to short. Go with what you like, do what makes you happy. If you like tyrannosaurus wings and your fruit of the looms hanging out of your pants... more power to 'ya. Just don't forget to pull 'em up when you bail and the cops are chasing you on foot. Well no, scratch that... I just love to see them trip and faceplant on Cops!
    Last edited by madebyme; 06-06-2010 at 02:01 PM.

too 80's and they break often.