Too Ricy?

• Thread starter xThunderbirdSCx
  • Start date

Underbody neons too ricey?

• Total voters
X

xThunderbirdSCx

Are neon underbody kits (Mainly for the younger crowd like myself) too ricey or do you think they could look nice?

when i was younger a few years back(not long ago) I had them on my old white Tbird, i can throw some pics up if ya want. Now that i look back, and at them in my garage, i think about the money it coulda went towards. Save your money get some pullies, exhaust, something worthwhile. Or some beer ;)

Tyler

I personally think they look very nice as long as you choose the right color and install them properly.....For example my car is pearl blue and under street lights it looks purple so i put 2 sets on my car which are blue and purple....the colors are not real bright and enoying, they are very suttle and let me tell you how sweet it looks going down the track at night :D .....But its your ride so if you like them who cares what everyone else thinks :p

i have purple under mine i like it but i work at a sign shop so i talked one of the neon guys into trading for a old computer so it was pretty much free
i also go to car shows and dont do much racing

I seriously thought of putting red under my red s/c... But its a toss up.. looks retarded on alot of cars but i think somthing that sits low with ground f/x (like the s/c) wouldnt look bad at all with a matching color..

Doesn't matter what kind of car it's on, it looks cheesy - just like the ricers like...

very rice

I've seen em on cars and thought it looked nice before. I remember seeing a purple mustang with purple ones that I liked. I'm considering them on mine.... dunno yet :p

I think they only look good on some of the older cars, for instance a '49 Mercury. I don't like them at all on imports or modern domestics.

Hope you like replacing transmissions and brake rotors....

Cant be any worse than my S4 either... $190 every time for brakes.... $3100 for a broken axle....

I have white neons under my S4.... sets it off really well. Strobes in the headlights and corners as well as the 3rd brakelight and taillights. Also have red strobes mounted to the front and rear windshield. All of it is for the fire dept except for the underglows.

neonbl.jpg

Yep looks pretty ~~~~ on imports... especially when theres NO color sequence or matching... gold with blue neons and a CF hood... looks stupid

They were cool in the early to mid 90's, now they are super lame. I remember one of the first SC's I saw, was a 35th with a blue under body kit, and it looked amazing! This was back in 1995 or so, before the whole F&F ricer craze began.

Thomas

Back