$32,000 SC... 35th ANNIVERSARY

thunderstruck said:
Ok, Im an idiot. I just talked to my local grand national guru around here and he basically laughed at me when I said a $50k grand national. He said 30K would be lucky for an '87 with 75 miles. So, forget my GN/SC analogy. Its wrong, however I still stand by my theory on perceived value. Unless a 35th for some reason suddenly becomes desireable in the collector car world as a whole ( which it definitely isnt right now) they will not climb much in value. Again, just my personal opinion.

You ISU people. I tell ya.............

You cna get a grand national modified with relatively low miles much cheaper then you can get that oen for....SO save ya money and get the modded one...The low miliage oen will take a crap relatively soon anyway:O)

I bought a 15 year old Monte SS with under 20k on it & that thing ran like a clock for quite a few years & ten's of thousands of miles. Right up till someone stole it. ... So my experience leads me to believe that a sitting car doesn't mean squat if it' in a garage. If sitting outside through season's maybe different. But otherwise, it's an old wives tale that they rot if they aren't driven.

Anthony

SilverCasket said:
I bought a 15 year old Monte SS with under 20k on it & that thing ran like a clock for quite a few years & ten's of thousands of miles. Right up till someone stole it. ... So my experience leads me to believe that a sitting car doesn't mean squat if it' in a garage. If sitting outside through season's maybe different. But otherwise, it's an old wives tale that they rot if they aren't driven.

Anthony

That's 1,300 miles a year. Little more then whats posted here. Hoses, belts, and other exposed pieces to dry rot and rust by just sitting. Things sieze. It's all just a matter of time.

Yeah I hear ya. .. But that milage from when I bought it was all done in the first 2 years by the first owner. The rest were from the fella who bought it to store. ... Sorry, forgot that detail.

Anthony

Only Anthony would take a car like that and toss the 5spd so he could put in a Lentech, lmao. :D

Anyway all I have to say is I'd be scared to sit in those seats. Seriously! :eek:

hmmm.... isnt the BUICK REGAL T-TYPE more rarer than a GNX.... i mean if it is ima ask this old lady by my job to sell me hers... it is in one hell of a condition... ohh yeah.... TURBO CHARGED V6.... same as the GNX right?

As long as it was started every so often the engine should be tight and have no troubles. Looks like it still pulls 20HG too. If stored in climate controlled garage, there would be no worries of rust, no real rubber deterioration. I mean, things stored inside your house dont just dry rot and rust do they? As long as it was properly stored, I wouldnt have a worry in the world about driving it. Now the 35th in my driveway is different. Its in the weather, and shows it.
I would be scared to even touch those seats though. As far as value is concerned, it should be in a museum. Its worth that much anyway :)

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
Ill kick you in the nuts if you say, im wanna turn it into a race car :p LOL

Derek :D

It would make for the perfect race car with a motor swap since its rust free and never been tore up before. Just think how cool it would be with it stripped, caged and a carbed V8 under the hood doing laps around a road course LOL!

Seriously though, if I did own it, it would be so pamperd it would not even be funny.

Shane

pro street rich said:
I guy called me a month ago that has the same deal. He wants $20,000 for his and it has even less miles,60 yes just 60 miles since new...

Rich was this also a 35th the guy had or something else?

If I had the cash i would be first in line to buy that one on Ebay too

no, different car

TBirdLady said:
Rich was this also a 35th the guy had or something else?

If I had the cash i would be first in line to buy that one on Ebay too
The one I told you guys about is right here in Milwaukee, or at least one of the burb's. He had a dealership here and that one is still for sale as well....
This is why I wonder just what these cars are worth.. One of the guys on this page got a 35th last year around this time that was stored it's whole life. There seems to be a bunch of these 35th's that were saved by people. Now lets see just how high this one goes on the price....I will be really shocked if it goes really high..........Rich

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
Ill kick you in the nuts if you say, im wanna turn it into a race car :p LOL

Derek :D

LMAO :D Holy crap is that a clean car. Would you not beleive its a 5spd as well :cool: Definitly worth the money as far as im concerned. Like it was said,
Its like buying a NEW car. If i had the money, even half way to having the money, i would definitly do it.

jOe

It's only got 70 miles on it and only a 1/4 tank of gas???? :confused:
With 2 1/2 days left, it's only a 1/3 of the "buy it now" price, so I think it will go unsold.

It would be a terrible day if Shane ever got his hands on it. :p I'm surprised he hasn't tried to turn the Expy into a race car/suv? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
NCredSC said:
It would be a terrible day if Shane ever got his hands on it. :p I'm surprised he hasn't tried tried to turn the Expy into a race car/suv? :rolleyes:

Actually David now that you mentioned it, I have already been looking for a lightning motor to drop into the Expy. You know, just to make things a little more exciting on the way to work.

Shane

quick35th said:
Actually David now that you mentioned it, I have already been looking for a lightning motor to drop into the Expy. You know, just to make things a little more exciting on the way to work.

Shane

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :cool:

lower it, put in the lightning motor, guage cluster, and front seats, put on the lightning wheels and lighting front bumper and body color grille with a cowl hood. That'd be a sweet expedition.

And a regal t-type in 87 were less produced than the grand national. Now a GN and a GNX are two different cars. A GNX is the supreme king of the 80's domestic performance cars. It was a low 13 second performer where as the Corvette of the day was running mid to high 14's and stangs were in the mid 15's.

Click here for more info on GNX
http://my.ohio.voyager.net/~rowilson/story.htm

The GNX was a GN, then got sent to ASC/McLaren for a slightly larger turbo, bigger wheels, flared fenders and vented front fenders, additional stiffening of the chasis, bracing of the body, different gauge cluster, etc... Now I'd love one no doubt, but you'd have to leave it as-is to retain the value. Where as you can get a GN and go buck wild on it and not worry about losing too much value. And you can surpass the GNX's performance with a GN for less that 2000 dollars in upgrades. Probably less the 1000. But the GNX could probably handle more boost and drag radials and then run in the 12's in a stock setup. Upping the boost isn't a mod, and I'd consider it stock if it was as it left McLaren except for some better tires and a cheap inline boost valve.

The T-Type's were like Regal LTD's but the had the engine option w/ the turbo and intercooler. I've seen T-Type WE4's that had the all black body and grilles/headlight bezels, etc... like a GN. They are even more rare than your average T-Type. I've also seen a t-type that had the hood ornament, brougham top, bench seat, and column shifter. And I have a video of it whooping a vette or a viper or something fast. So that would be the ultimate sleeper right there.

Now as for 35th's I hope they do start to sell for a ton of cash. That can only lead to other SC's going up in value. But as with any car the original low miles mint condition ones will be worth more than a 10 second Coy Miller Race Engine w/ an AutoRotor SC and nitrous, slicks, transbrake, etc....

If I had a small fortune, I'd buy two of every car on my "gotta have list". I'd build a climate controlled warehouse and store one of each, run them every weekend, and drive them around the block once. Just to keep things from getting old and seizing up. Then the others of each car I'd modify and have fun with. When I needed/wanted to get more money down the road I could sell some of the originals to collectors and more than get my money back for both cars.

I would love to do this with the new Z06.

Last edited:
Back